Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
09-25-2019, 05:48 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by westbygodvirginia Quote
Back in the day, ALWAYS put a UV filter on any lens used. Should we keep that up with the K-70?
Also discussed in this thread: Do you install a UV filter on all of your lens - PentaxForums.com

10-01-2019, 09:47 AM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by westbygodvirginia Quote
Back in the day, ALWAYS put a UV filter on any lens used. Should we keep that up with the K-70?
I've been photographing for nearly 50 years and have always had a UV filter on if only to protect the lens. And the fact is that I still use my legacy Pentax lenses of up to 40 years old on my K-70, and they are in perfect working order. Whether they actually contribute to the photograph was perhaps more valid using film. In today's digital world where the cameras are far more advanced, together with post processing, I really don't think it makes much of a difference. However, if you're talking about other filters then it's another matter altogether, and I use them frequently, particularly polarizers and ND filters.
10-02-2019, 06:58 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I do not own a UV filter. But I baby my equipment and have had no accidents where "if only I would have had a UV filter...." On the other hand I'm sure there are plenty of people who have thanked the heavens above that they had a filter on at times.