Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-08-2020, 03:10 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Separate AF Lock for Back-button AF and AE Lock

I have a new K70 and I primarily use M Mode, secondarily TAv, and back-button AF.
Here's my question: If I assign AF Lock to the AF/AE Lock button, is there an option to assign an independent button for AE Lock. I wish to lock AF and AE separately with independent buttons. Back-button AF is a must!

02-08-2020, 03:38 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by doc58bc Quote
Here's my question: If I assign AF Lock to the AF/AE Lock button, is there an option to assign an independent button for AE Lock. I wish to lock AF and AE separately with independent buttons. Back-button AF is a must!
If you mean AF assigned to the AF/AE-lock button and AE-lock assigned to a different button, I don't believe that is an option. The closest you might come is by setting AE-locked when AF locked in menu --> C1.

Steve
02-08-2020, 04:32 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
If you mean AF assigned to the AF/AE-lock button and AE-lock assigned to a different button, I don't believe that is an option. The closest you might come is by setting AE-locked when AF locked in menu --> C1.

Steve
Thanks, Steve. Yes, you got the question right. On K5 for example, and KP, I can have two independent buttons assigned for AF Lock and AE Lock. I didn't realize that option was dropped from the K70. Otherwise the K70 is good camera for my purposes! I wonder if it could be put back in a firmware upgrade?
02-08-2020, 05:49 PM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by doc58bc Quote
I wonder if it could be put back in a firmware upgrade?
That is hard to say. Not supporting both back-button AF and AE-Lock at the same time on the lower-tier bodies has been a limitation going back over a decade (K-x and K-m models, 2009).

Steve