Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-21-2020, 07:59 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Shutter count of K70

I like to occasionally check the shutter count on my cameras and have used myshuttercount.com and exiftool(-k). Both give me the count for my Kx camera but not for my K70. Both worked in the past but not anymore. I'd appreciate serious responses and comments, please.

09-21-2020, 08:14 PM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Photos-by-Chas Quote
I like to occasionally check the shutter count on my cameras and have used myshuttercount.com and exiftool(-k). Both give me the count for my Kx camera but not for my K70. Both worked in the past but not anymore. I'd appreciate serious responses and comments, please.
Hi Chas, you should be able to get a count from this link! Check Your Pentax Camera's Shutter Count - Resources | PentaxForums.com
Cheers
09-22-2020, 12:07 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Exiftool(-k) should work, it does for me.
'Shutter Count' is just 10 items below 'Lens Type' … have you got the latest version of Exiftool installed?
09-22-2020, 06:00 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
[/COLOR]
QuoteOriginally posted by kypfer Quote
Exiftool(-k) should work, it does for me.
'Shutter Count' is just 10 items below 'Lens Type' … have you got the latest version of Exiftool installed?
I have Exiftool 11.7.3.0 installed and after going line by line I did find the shutter count. I guess I need to look more carefully. I could not find it yesterday. Thank you for your response and information.

---------- Post added 09-22-20 at 09:15 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by SharkyCA Quote
Hi Chas, you should be able to get a count from this link! Check Your Pentax Camera's Shutter Count - Resources | PentaxForums.com
Cheers
Thank you for your response and suggestion. I could not find it using either program. The Pentax Forum site states to upload a jpeg from the camera and since I shoot primarily in RAW, my jpegs are converted in computer and give me no information at the PF site. However I now look a lot closer at Exiftool and found the count. I appreciate your help.

Last edited by Photos-by-Chas; 09-22-2020 at 06:05 AM.
09-22-2020, 06:28 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

[/COLOR]

I have Exiftool 11.7.3.0 installed and after going line by line I did find the shutter count. I guess I need to look more carefully. I could not find it yesterday. Thank you for your response and information.

Thank you for your response and suggestion. I could not find it using either program. The Pentax Forum site states to upload a jpeg from the camera and since I shoot primarily in RAW, my jpegs are converted in computer and give me no information at the PF site. However I now look a lot closer at Exiftool and found the count. I appreciate your help.
ExifTool will read the Pentax Exif files but you need a Gui interface to use it easily. ExifToolGui works well with ExifTool, I would recommend down loading the latest version of ExifTool and and ExifToolGUI from ExifTool by Phil Harvey and ExifToolGui from ExifToolGUI make sure you follow the setup instructions for both programs. You'll find them very useful.
09-22-2020, 06:33 AM   #6
Pentaxian

The Pentax Forum site states to upload a jpeg from the camera and since I shoot primarily in RAW,
I doubt it would hurt you to shoot an occasional "RAW+" shot to get that data.computer and give me no information at the PF site. However I now look a lot closer at Exiftool and found the count. I appreciate your help.
09-22-2020, 06:42 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I doubt it would hurt you to shoot an occasional "RAW+" shot to get that data.computer and give me no information at the PF site. However I now look a lot closer at Exiftool and found the count. I appreciate your help.
True, but by using Exiftool I can get my information easily, now that I know where to look and look more closely.

09-22-2020, 06:58 AM - 1 Like   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
[/COLOR]

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
ExifTool will read the Pentax Exif files but you need a Gui interface to use it easily. ExifToolGui works well with ExifTool, I would recommend down loading the latest version of ExifTool and and ExifToolGUI from ExifTool by Phil Harvey and ExifToolGui from ExifToolGUI make sure you follow the setup instructions for both programs. You'll find them very useful.
Just in case you were wondering where to look!

There is an old post about ExifTools of interest! Exiftools and Other MetaData Related - PentaxForums.com
Attached Images

Last edited by SharkyCA; 09-22-2020 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Adding link to old post!
12-20-2020, 02:27 PM   #9
Veteran Member

For me, exiftool works fine, can't exactly locate your problem. Sorry. Maybe just try again.
12-20-2020, 04:38 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ShutterPro Quote
For me, exiftool works fine, can't exactly locate your problem. Sorry. Maybe just try again.
I did find it, just have to look more carefully.
04-20-2021, 02:14 AM   #11
Forum Member

You can only upload image...

Check Camera Shutter Count and Manufacture Date