Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 17 Likes Search this Thread
12-03-2020, 03:00 AM   #31
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Robbie75 Quote
So after watching the arrival dates on their website (crk) bounce around and change 4 times in the last 2 weeks... this morning it said low stock for the k-70 + 18-135mm...
My order was still showing "backorder".. A phone call to the adelaide branch and the lady assigned one to my order, she couldn't understand why it wasn't done earlier. Lucky I called them I guess
Glad you finally have one on the way, perhaps it was a glitch in the system all along, enjoy the new combo

12-03-2020, 03:06 AM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
BTW as a shout out to CRK I bought a battery from them last Friday and it was delivered on the Saturday. It was shipped from Melbourne to Sydney. I'm sure this current situation was an anomaly. Robbie let us know if it was worth the wait.
12-03-2020, 03:12 AM   #33
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by officiousbystander Quote
BTW as a shout out to CRK I bought a battery from them last Friday and it was delivered on the Saturday. It was shipped from Melbourne to Sydney. I'm sure this current situation was an anomaly. Robbie let us know if it was worth the wait.
I had three very small packages on order (different items, different sellers) either from Sydney or through Sydney to Melbourne during the height of Victorian 2nd wave. They all took over a month by Australia Post!
12-03-2020, 09:07 AM   #34
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
On top of everything there is then Australia Post , .. yes.

Although my DA 15 from Noel arrived in 2 days, .. very unexpected as there was a technical hitch at Australia Post on the same day as the system went into melt down .

We can be lucky sometimes.

Dave

12-04-2020, 07:05 PM - 2 Likes   #35

Original Poster
I have received it.
Crk don't mess around once a ordered item is assigned or ordered when in stock... next day delivery (startrack).
Thing that was frustrating me was being told to keep an eye on the website for arrival dates with not one email update from them (in just over 3months).
I don't like to hound a company with questions about delivery dates but, when the generic (30th of...) changed four times I felt I had no choice but to ask what's going on.
I really hope Ricoh can keep Pentax in the game,
I get the supply and demand scenario and the covid set backs but if there is no product then there won't be any demand..
You can't even find a pentax in store and to me this is a concern because there won't be a next generation of Pentax buyers as the brand is "out of sight out of mind" unlike other readily available brands..
I'll keep using Pentax for as long as the brand is accessible..

Sorry for the rant post and I hope everyone receives future orders in good time, definitely glad I picked up the phone second time around.

Cheers
12-05-2020, 06:08 PM - 1 Like   #36
Veteran Member

Startrack express seems good service (Aussie post owned) Glad you got your gear.... have fun!.....