Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-29-2021, 06:25 AM   #1

Screen Protector & L-Bracket

Has anyone applied a screen protector to your LCD? I'm looking to put one on my K-70 & K-50, but I want one that covers the full screen, without causing interference on the outer edges. If you've put one on your gear, what brand did you get and where did you purchase it?

With regard to a compatible L-Bracket; I purchased one from ProMediaGear "click here"...

They offer two sizes to accommodate the articulating LCD, which allows for the full range of rotation. The bracket is very sturdy, machined aluminum and the tripod mount is Arca-Swiss compatible.

06-29-2021, 09:19 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

There are plenty of options for screen protectors. A few have been discussed on this form. Search is your friend.
06-29-2021, 01:29 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I always have a screen protector on my camera. Even the cheapest plastic screen protector will do. With my former camera i did use it for several weeks without it and found later that i already had a small scratch on it.
06-29-2021, 03:21 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I used Expert Shield on my K-1 and K-01. I didn't know the size I needed for the K-01 so I contacted them and they were more than helpful, sending a trial size for my K-01 (which fit perfectly). I believe they carry both glass and plastic shields but I used their tempered glass for both my cameras due to its scratch resistance (three years now and nary a scratch). The ones I have cover right to the edge and you can't tell a protector is on them.

https://shop.expertshield.com/

06-29-2021, 06:02 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I use a generic, tempered glass, full screen protector and a cheap universal L bracket on a K70 with no problems.
06-29-2021, 06:56 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Screen protector: Yes, I am using a Thermoplastic Polyreuthane (TPU) type which some people think it hard to install because it involves using a liquid solution but I think it is very effective way to install and it stick better than the Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET) type or Tempered Glass type. And it won't leave sticky substance behind after removed.
I just get a big sheet of TPU film and DIY custom cut it to fit the lcd or phone or even lens barrel. Anything I don't want a scratch on it! I select the seller that said their film is designed for Military use which I have no idea if it truth but it sound good!

L Bracket: Just a generic one from Ebay. I has been using it for 6 or more years already. I don't really care if It doesn't have socket so that I don't have to remove it to change battery, etc. But I might change to one can be used with PeakDesign capture. If you are using PeakDesign capture too, such L-Bracket might be something to consider.
06-30-2021, 03:11 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ProfessorBuzz Quote
There are plenty of options for screen protectors. A few have been discussed on this form. Search is your friend.
Thanks for the responses... FYI Professor, I tried the search first, but the threads were old and the links were outdated.