Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-16-2022, 10:24 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Weird lines on dark photo review on LCD

After taking a night photo, I have had a few that were under-exposed. Upon review on the LCD, there are white lines. Looks like a rectangle, but the right-side line is missing. Sort of like a 3-side white box. This is over-layed on the image.

Anyone else experience this?

Is this anything to be concerned about?

I think my K70 is only about a year old, and probably has less than 2,000 shutter count.

TIA!!

11-16-2022, 10:33 AM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Definitely something to be concerned about.

We need to know if it's the camera or something else. Do these lines show up just on the LCD screen and not in the files on the SD card? If that's the case, it's your camera. If they're in the recorded files, it could be an SD card issue. Check the files on a computer and see if the lines are visible. If they are, then try to duplicate the conditions with another SD card and see if it happens again. If it happens with another SD card, the problem is in your camera. Make sure you have a good, well charged battery and see if you can duplicate the issue consistently and report your findings.

If the issue is just with your camera, try to get a shot of the LCD screen showing the issue and post it here.

Last edited by Bob 256; 11-16-2022 at 10:43 AM.
11-16-2022, 11:22 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by 87Duckfan Quote
Upon review on the LCD, there are white lines. Looks like a rectangle
Can you post the pictures concerned .
11-16-2022, 06:30 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by 87Duckfan Quote
After taking a night photo, I have had a few that were under-exposed. Upon review on the LCD, there are white lines. Looks like a rectangle, but the right-side line is missing. Sort of like a 3-side white box. This is over-layed on the image.

Anyone else experience this?

Is this anything to be concerned about?

I think my K70 is only about a year old, and probably has less than 2,000 shutter count.

TIA!!
Highlight alert turned on? Histogram display?