Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-14-2022, 06:25 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax K-70/KF Question

While using my new KF I was hoping to see the live view screen change to reflect adjustments to exposure compensation. In other words, is it possible to preview changes in exposure compensation while in live view before I press the shutter button? Is there a menu option that enables this? Or, is exposure bracketing the only way in which to see the impact of exposure changes after I take the photo?

Last edited by DenB; 12-14-2022 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Clarification of my question.
12-14-2022, 06:33 PM - 2 Likes   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
it's in menu setting - under LV exposure simulation .
12-15-2022, 01:15 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I do not see that particular menu option under any of the 5 camera still mode choices, the wrench choices or the C mode choices. Nor do I see it when I press the info button when in live mode.
12-15-2022, 06:40 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DenB Quote
I do not see that particular menu option under any of the 5 camera still mode choices, the wrench choices or the C mode choices. Nor do I see it when I press the info button when in live mode.
I solved the "problem". Pressing the exposure compensation button while in live view enables a preview of exposure changes when rotating the rear dial. Originally this is what I thought should happen. Somehow my test setting was not very useful in revealing the shift in EV values. I find the ability to preview EV shifts essential in unusual lighting situations. I would have been very disappointed if my new KF did not have this feature!

Last edited by DenB; 12-15-2022 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Clarifies concern.
12-16-2022, 02:51 AM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by DenB Quote
I solved the "problem". Pressing the exposure compensation button while in live view enables a preview of exposure changes when rotating the rear dial. Originally this is what I thought should happen. Somehow my test setting was not very useful in revealing the shift in EV values. I find the ability to preview EV shifts essential in unusual lighting situations. I would have been very disappointed if my new KF did not have this feature!
I'm interested in your results and have made notes for my own benefit, thank you I too was a little confused by nixxo2002's response!
However, for reference, when using my K-70 specifically for 'astro' in conjunction with the provided AstroPhoto User Mode, I've found that shifting the Mode Dial briefly from B to M or maybe out of AstroPhoto Mode will often "improve" the portrayed image on the rear screen, to better asses the final result.
My point being, that there may be other underlying factors affecting the displayed image in your circumstances and that you might care to try "playing about" in different modes and/or with the Custom Image settings to see if there's an improvement … obviously changing back to your required exposure settings afterwards
Good luck