Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-06-2016, 12:52 PM - 2 Likes   #61
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Pentax is relatively useless at releasing firmware updates which bring new features. Firmware releases for them are typically just bug fixes or to ensure compatibility with future hardware you can buy.

Point being, buy a Pentax happy with what it offers at release date, and with no expectations for change.

07-07-2016, 04:03 PM   #62
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
You make a good point. The perfect system (for any of us, I would suggest) probably doesn't exist... There are usually limitations (to a greater or lesser extent) with one or more aspects of any system depending on the individual photographer's use case(s). Then again, it's always sobering to remember that less than 20 years ago, professional photographers were doing (almost?) all of what we do now with 35mm film cameras containing much more rudimentary technology. So a huge amount of what we expect and look for now in our camera systems is luxury rather than necessity. As far as DSLRs are concerned, there really isn't a bad choice - all models from all of the brands are very decent, and the same is largely true with the lenses available for them. There aren't really any "bad" cameras or systems, and most lenses - even kit lenses - are capable of good results these days
I agree... And I often curse that part of me so damn fussy when it's time for buying something this expensive...
It always takes me between 2 months to 1 year to buy something in tech area... Even that HC-X900... A whole year looking for every weakness I could find

QuoteOriginally posted by richandfleur Quote
Pentax is relatively useless at releasing firmware updates which bring new features. Firmware releases for them are typically just bug fixes or to ensure compatibility with future hardware you can buy.

Point being, buy a Pentax happy with what it offers at release date, and with no expectations for change.
I haven't expected anything from firmware upgrade already ^_^

What I feel it needs to be improved is AF and better lenses and both doesn't come so easy :/
But as you both said, I'll probably buy anyway Pentax on September... This K-70 and its whole ecosystem is a bang for the buck anyone can see
07-08-2016, 07:10 AM   #63
Forum Member

it seems we have some dates... Just hopes review(s) will come shortly as well
Pentax K-70 camera will start shipping on July 22nd | Pentax Rumors