Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-05-2016, 10:34 AM - 1 Like   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by PhotoNomad0 Quote
What I see is that on the K-70 I have to adjust the white balance ISO 6400 images differently.
Light balance is provided as a "clue" in the EXIF and is not part of the camera profile. Lightroom applies a white balance based on that "clue" when it is present. That being said, the profile applied may modify how a particular white balance presents or may shift the white balance after the fact.

Steve

09-06-2016, 07:50 AM - 1 Like   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Light balance is provided as a "clue" in the EXIF and is not part of the camera profile. Lightroom applies a white balance based on that "clue" when it is present. That being said, the profile applied may modify how a particular white balance presents or may shift the white balance after the fact.

Steve
Thanks for the help in trying to make sense of what is going on in LR. Adobe recently had an update to Camera Raw CC. It seems to have made things better in editing K-70 DNG files. Or maybe I am just starting to get used to the quirks of higher ISO behavior and am getting better results in editing the DNGs in LR. Also using DCU produced such very different results when converting high ISO images to TIFF that it confused me. Then thanks to suggestions of several people, I started to realize DCU applied very different white balance, highly saturated colors, overly strong sharpening, and strong noise removal. After shooting a bunch of pictures at a wedding this weekend using different ISOs and under different lighting settings, it started to make sense what the camera and Lightroom were doing. And I was able to create a few presets to speed up my workflow.

I think I had gotten so familiar with shooting with my K-5 and editing the images, that it's been hard to break out of that rut. It does now seem that I can get as good or better pictures with the K-70.

Bruce