Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-16-2016, 03:50 PM   #1
Senior Member




Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Orange County California
Posts: 117
Question for K-70 Owners

Hi Folks,.......I hope one of you can help me out.

I'm a JPEG shooter, now using the K-50. There is a feature that I really like and use from time to time to save a shot.

After taking a JPEG, during review, you can press the EV button near the shutter release. The LCD displays a "save RAW data" option. If you select yes, it retrieves the RAW data from the memory buffer. You can then process the raw file in camera. I find that, after seeing the JPEG image, I sometimes want to change the WB, ISO, etc. Nothing very complicated, but it's saved quite a few shots for me. This is possible, even though I am shooting in JPEG only mode.

I find this a very useful feature, but cannot find a reference to it in the K-70 manual. I'm guessing Pentax kept this little feature, but I'd appreciate knowing for sure before I buy the K-70.

I hope someone has, or will, check this out for me. Thanks!

Jack

10-16-2016, 04:21 PM   #2
New Member




Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Oldham
Posts: 7
Yes, it is on page 10 and 48 in the manual

Andrew
10-16-2016, 05:40 PM   #3
Senior Member




Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Orange County California
Posts: 117
Original Poster
Thanks!

Thanks Andrew! I appreciate your response. That's good to know,...

Jack
10-29-2016, 11:14 AM   #4
New Member




Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 11
Question for K70 owners. AF Problems

I am wondering if any of the K70 owners or others that may have seen or heard this, could provide some comment.

I have read now in two K70 reviews that the center AF point is off. The reviews talked about the true center point was slightly to the right of the AF center point.
I think this means that the shot would be out of focus when focusing using the center point.
Not sure how this was determined.

I thought I had marked the websites of the two separate reviews that noted this, but I cannot find them at this time.

Your comments and help to understand what this may mean is appreciated.

10-29-2016, 01:18 PM   #5
Senior Member




Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Poland, Świdnik
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 220
I have done 1k photos with K-70 and did not encounter problem like this one. But just to be sure I just took 4 photos of aa batteries set very near one to another and the AF was always where i wanted it to be.
10-30-2016, 07:35 AM   #6
New Member




Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 11
QuoteOriginally posted by gelokrol Quote
I have done 1k photos with K-70 and did not encounter problem like this one. But just to be sure I just took 4 photos of aa batteries set very near one to another and the AF was always where i wanted it to be.
gelokrol, thank you for your reply.
the problem may have been with the unit used in the review.
But since it was mentioned in two reviews I had to ask.

I had hoped to purchase the K70 in the near future, but there has been so few reviews out there it is almost no news means bad news...(folks staying away from the K70).
And with the low number of AF points on the K70 (same as my 8 year old K200D) I am feeling a little gun shy.

Again, thank you.
11-10-2016, 07:39 PM   #7
New Member




Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 11
Recommended settings

Not sure if this is the correct part of the forum....

Well I took the plunge...Not the K1 plunge...but the K70 plunge..a big one for a K1000 user who still has 6 rolls of film left.
I went to digital with the K200D.....that was almost 9 years ago.(Took it off manual mode about 8 times)
So you are talking an old guy who struggles with any kind of tech.(my cell phone is just that ...a phone)

So I am depending on this forum to help me ease through the pitfalls and joys of the K70,
I don't want RAW...I don't want photoshop ....I want OOC JPEGS, (at least for now)

Is there anyone who has used the K70...who can suggest setting for the camera,
Be gentle with me,,,I am still on the early chapters of the manual,,,

By the way for general info..there are not many stores here in Canada that are stocking Pentax.
Seems to be a brand that is dying..at least here in Canada.
Found 1 store in Alberta that stocks the K70 and that is it .

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
11-10-2016, 07:44 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 43,125
QuoteOriginally posted by Canukdragon Quote
Not sure if this is the correct part of the forum....

Well I took the plunge...Not the K1 plunge...but the K70 plunge..a big one for a K1000 user who still has 6 rolls of film left.
I went to digital with the K200D.....that was almost 9 years ago.(Took it off manual mode about 8 times)
So you are talking an old guy who struggles with any kind of tech.(my cell phone is just that ...a phone)

So I am depending on this forum to help me ease through the pitfalls and joys of the K70,
I don't want RAW...I don't want photoshop ....I want OOC JPEGS, (at least for now)

Is there anyone who has used the K70...who can suggest setting for the camera,
Be gentle with me,,,I am still on the early chapters of the manual,,,

By the way for general info..there are not many stores here in Canada that are stocking Pentax.
Seems to be a brand that is dying..at least here in Canada.
Found 1 store in Alberta that stocks the K70 and that is it .

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Plenty of recommended settings here:

Pentax K-70 Review - Recommended Settings | PentaxForums.com Reviews




Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-11-2016, 04:22 AM   #9
Senior Member




Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Orange County California
Posts: 117
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Canukdragon Quote
Not sure if this is the correct part of the forum....

Well I took the plunge...Not the K1 plunge...but the K70 plunge..a big one for a K1000 user who still has 6 rolls of film left.
I went to digital with the K200D.....that was almost 9 years ago.(Took it off manual mode about 8 times)
So you are talking an old guy who struggles with any kind of tech.(my cell phone is just that ...a phone)

So I am depending on this forum to help me ease through the pitfalls and joys of the K70,
I don't want RAW...I don't want photoshop ....I want OOC JPEGS, (at least for now)

Is there anyone who has used the K70...who can suggest setting for the camera,
Be gentle with me,,,I am still on the early chapters of the manual,,,

By the way for general info..there are not many stores here in Canada that are stocking Pentax.
Seems to be a brand that is dying..at least here in Canada.
Found 1 store in Alberta that stocks the K70 and that is it .

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Well,....I envy you. you're in for some fun times with the K70. Nice thing about digital photography is you can take it just as far as you want to. Personally, I do not post process raw files, but some people really enjoy that.

My recommended "settings" are pretty simple. I prefer to have the camera set to shoot 1/500th of a second. This will handle most moving objects, blowing trees etc. The camera has plenty of latitude to choose aperture and ISO. But, that's just MY preference and I mention it only as a simple place to start.

Jack
11-11-2016, 04:24 AM   #10
New Member




Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 11
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Adam.
thank you.
I hope once I get some comfort with the K70 (that will take a while) to post some pics for the members to comment on and help me to improve.
thanks again....

---------- Post added 11-11-16 at 07:38 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Setter Dog Quote
Well,....I envy you. you're in for some fun times with the K70. Nice thing about digital photography is you can take it just as far as you want to. Personally, I do not post process raw files, but some people really enjoy that.

My recommended "settings" are pretty simple. I prefer to have the camera set to shoot 1/500th of a second. This will handle most moving objects, blowing trees etc. The camera has plenty of latitude to choose aperture and ISO. But, that's just MY preference and I mention it only as a simple place to start.

Jack
Jack,
thank you.
I am finding the jump to the K70 a little daunting.
My son borrowed my K200d and my kit ...so all I have currently to play with until I get them back is 3 old lenses from my K1000:
A Vivitar 135/2.8, Kiron 70-210/4.5 and Pentax 50/1.7
Maybe that is why I am not liking the resulting pics.

Will be in touch once I practice a bit.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, feature, hope, jpeg, k-70, k70, pentax, pentax k-70, pics, plenty, post, question for k-70, raw ev button, settings, time
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question for K-5 owners: LV zoom-in quality? photogerald Pentax K-5 23 10-30-2010 03:53 PM
Question for K-X owners. dimebagdave Pentax DSLR Discussion 6 04-29-2010 05:17 AM
Suggestion for Sigma 24-70 owners (or potential owners) joeyc Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 4 08-07-2009 03:12 AM
A Question for DA 17-70/4 lens owners/users frank Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 7 09-15-2008 10:21 PM
Question for FA 28-70/4 owners Ivan Glisin Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 8 08-13-2007 01:08 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:20 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top