Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-21-2016, 06:07 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Yvon Bourque has released his Pentax K-70 ebook

Just purchased and downloaded my copy now that it as arrived.

#ebooks4pentax

As with prior ebooks I've purchased, it is very well done. This one has my recommendation.

Check out https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/94-pentax-price-watch/334411-holiday-spec...ce-access.html You could select this one.

Last edited by SeaRefractor; 12-21-2016 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Adding Christmas promotion link
12-22-2016, 01:17 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The book itself is now also available through PF, at a promotional price of $10 for the month of December. As SeaRefactor mentioned, you can also get it as part of the holiday special donation.

Below is the link to purchase the K-70 ebook:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/donations/?act=ebook&loginrequired=1#sub25

Download it here:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/194-pentax-ebooks/323769-pentax-ebook-dow...nt-access.html

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-27-2016, 08:15 PM   #3

I am newly back to Pentax with my very recent Xmas K-70, and looked high and low for a book. I hoped one would come along soon. Heard the news tonight. Tried a sample. Bought and downloaded it five minutes ago. I'm a happy camper. From just what I've seen tonight this looks like a good book. No, a great book. I love the writing style, because if feels honestly friendly. Neither intimidating nor condescending, but well researched from intimate experience. I just read about not having to buy neutral density filters by using the multiple exposure technique, and this new trick almost brought me tears of gratitude for this book. Thank you Yvon.

Can I got to Kinko's or Staples and get this printed and bound? Any suggestions or is it pretty straight forward. I'd like it Kindle format, also.
06-27-2017, 12:20 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hello all,
Don't know where to post this exactly so I'll try here.
I recently downloaded the e-book for the K70 and there is a lot of useful information in it. Thank you Yvon for all the work.

I would like to make a suggestion of something to add to the e-book that I am having difficulty with, perhaps it would be of use to others.

The K70 comes with 3 pre-programmed User modes. Nowhere can I find anything that says what settings are modified for each of these modes. I was interested in the astrophotography mode, but I couldn't find anything anywhere on the web or the Pentaxforum website that detailed what menu changes are made and saved for that mode. I determined some of the settings by poking around in the menus, but it would be so useful to have each pre-set mode detailed out in the e-book so you could see easily what settings are saved and then decide if you want to change anything for your particular application or preferences, without necessarily having to completely reinvent the wheel and create your own user mode.

Just my two cents.

Ebirdy