Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-24-2020, 07:29 PM   #46

Original Poster
3 years later, I bought the M10 mkii and so glad I did. It's been a great camera! Still just the 2 lens kit and prime.

2 Days Ago - 2 Likes   #47

QuoteOriginally posted by Alex645 Quote
16 MP, Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II: $500 with no lenses. Have you tried and used an Electronic View Finder? You prefer that?

24 MP, Pentax K-70: $600 with all your existing lenses.

As a photographer, getting a second, newer, and better body (K-70) within the same system of higher calibre and for less investment is a no brainer decision. If you had your reasons to go completely mirrorless and sell the K-50 and your lenses, then maybe the Olympus. But note the E-M10 Mark II is dust and splash proof and is not weather-resistant like the E-M1 Mark II ($2000) or the K-70.
I agree. I have a K-70 and a K-5 and the K-70 is in my bag. I am an image quality fiend and not a features or gadgets person. I do not know which of the two cameras is higher rated and for what reasons. What I do know is IMHO the K-70 is the best camera you can buy, dollar for dollar, on the market today. There are better cameras for sure but it will cost significantly more to buy one. I also have an Olympus OMD E-M5 (bought used cheap) and it is a nice little camera. It is my just in case I need it glove box camera. Takes great pics. But the Pentax gives me better images. My two cents worth.
« L-Bracket for K-70 | - »