Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-12-2017, 04:17 PM   #1

Decent L-plate/bracket for K-70?

Dear all,

Just finally coughed up the $$$ for a decent tripod and I'd like to step up my connection game a little (I currently only have a little square arca swiss type QR plate that came with a camera strap).

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced L-plate that properly fits this model? Needs to allow opening the mic cover for a cable release, be arca swiss compatible, and have a cutout loop or something to which to attach a strap mount to the bottom right of the plate.

If these things don't exist together I may just go with a wider QR plate.

Thanks!

09-26-2017, 06:47 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I use a Sunwayfoto universal L bracket. Price was not too bad, fits nicely on the K-70 (although you will not be able to change the battery with the bracket in place. With the bracket in place, I'm able to connect the cable release to the jack - the cable has to be threaded inside the bracket - or at least that's the way I do it.
09-29-2017, 07:36 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks! I figured this was a dud thread. I'll look into that.
09-30-2017, 10:44 PM   #4

Hello
I also tried installing the Sunwayfoto L bracket.
The tripod hole in the vertical position will contact the release cable. Therefore, I cut it out.
Then, I can not open the battery lid at the position I attached.
Please refer to my photos.

PENTAX K-70 sanwayfoto L Brackets - Album on Imgur

10-06-2017, 06:56 PM   #5

Photos: Gallery | Albums
shitaku's note reminded me that if plan on using the LCD screen with the bracket in place you are limited to having the LCD screen open and folded back on the camera. Not a problem for the shooting I do, but that's just me.
10-09-2017, 05:34 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks Shitaku, looks like in addition to cutting out the vertical part to make room for the cable release you'd have to cut the horizontal part to access the battery door. Also I hadn't considered the problem with the flip out screen.

I was out the other evening using a tripod and paid attention to whether using the ball head's 90 degree option for vertical mode was really annoying enough to justify the trade-offs of these L brackets, and I think I found that it's not, at least for me. Think I'll stick with what I have.

Thanks very much for the ideas, great people here on this forum!

Jamin