Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-25-2017, 05:34 AM   #1

Pentax K70 with 50mm prime manual lens in - taking picture the shutter fires 4 times

Just tried K70 with 50mm prime manual lens - set to manual mode and focus - taking picture the shutter fires 4 times. I get one picture that is fine BUT just curious as to why it does this ?

Anyone had similar results. Just recently bought so not yet got my Ph.D. in the menu setting combinations and outcomes !

Regards

HMC777

Last edited by Unregistered User 8; 08-25-2017 at 05:53 AM. Reason: moved thread
08-25-2017, 05:52 AM   #2
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi HMC777. Check your manual pages 68 & 69 regarding BRACKETING. I think this might be your issue. Good luck.
08-25-2017, 06:14 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
Hi HMC777. Check your manual pages 68 & 69 regarding BRACKETING. I think this might be your issue. Good luck.
If not that, check if you might have accidentally enabled pixel shift.
08-25-2017, 09:10 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by HMC777 Quote
Just tried K70 with 50mm prime manual lens - set to manual mode and focus - taking picture the shutter fires 4 times. I get one picture that is fine BUT just curious as to why it does this ?

Anyone had similar results. Just recently bought so not yet got my Ph.D. in the menu setting combinations and outcomes !

Regards

HMC777
4 shots would indeed suggest that pixel shift is on. You can disable it through the control panel or main menu.

Check out these resources for more info on when and when not to use PS:

How Pentax Pixel Shifting Works - Articles and Tips | PentaxForums.com
Pentax K-3 II Pixel Shift Resolution Tests - Hands-On Tests | PentaxForums.com
Pentax K-1 Review - Super Resolution and AA Filter | PentaxForums.com Reviews

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: