Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-03-2018, 09:59 PM   #1

K-70 Battery grip?

Hi everyone I am new to this forum, I own a Pentax k-70 which by the way is an excellent camera, I am looking for options to extend the battery life of the camera. Can I use the Pentax D-BG6 for this model?

01-03-2018, 10:43 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The K-70 doesn't support any battery grips, unfortunately. This has been a pretty standard trend for Pentax's entry-level models.

There is a power adapter you can use, or if you want more battery life the KP has the same great image quality and will take a D-Li90 though the BG-7 grip.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

01-04-2018, 03:29 AM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
No grip. carrying extra batteries is the only option. Third party ones are much cheaper, but won't last as long and will degenerate quicker over time. But if you buy two they will still be one third the price of a Pentax branded one and last longer than a single Pentax battery.
01-04-2018, 06:32 AM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum, enjoy your time here.

02-22-2018, 11:08 AM   #5

What about using something like a portable USB charger to simultaneously charge the battery when it starts getting low?
02-22-2018, 11:12 AM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Randy Jones Quote
What about using something like a portable USB charger to simultaneously charge the battery when it starts getting low?
The K-70 doesn't get charged through the USB port, though.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-26-2018, 12:17 PM   #7
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The K-70 doesn't support any battery grips, unfortunately. This has been a pretty standard trend for Pentax's entry-level models.

There is a power adapter you can use, or if you want more battery life the KP has the same great image quality and will take a D-Li90 though the BG-7 grip.
Hello, sorry for late reply/question :
What power adapter could I use for K70? What kind of power adapter? Thanks!
03-26-2018, 12:25 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by violaferenc Quote
Hello, sorry for late reply/question :
What power adapter could I use for K70? What kind of power adapter? Thanks!
This is what you'd want:
Pentax K-AC128 AC Adapter for D-Li109 Cameras reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database

There are cheap knock-offs available, such as this one:
AC Power Adapter and DC Coupler for Pentax K-AC109, K Series SLR Digital Camera | eBay

Essentially it's just a dummy battery with a power cord connected to the transformer.

Adam

03-26-2018, 11:44 PM   #9
Forum Member

Wow! This is fantastic! I never knew. It's ideal for macro and micro.
Thanks a lot. Any (bad) experience?