Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
03-11-2018, 09:34 AM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
K-70 goes to Concert

Hello all,

This was my first attempt to shoot live concert type event. I was invited to a students event in my university. I planned to take PLM 55-300 mm, expecting that I would be shooting from way behind, however luckily my place was reserved in 2nd Row (just behind VC), I was very glad and decided to use only 55mm to cover the whole stage. The event comprised songs, dance and skits by students. I got few shots only because I did not want to get noticed much. But I got some very good shots. I set camera at 3200 ISO and kept apretures wide open to keep shutter speeds faster and to freeze the motion.
Here are the shots;

C&C Welcome,

Atindra

03-11-2018, 10:17 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Good job! With experience, you should become a bit more bold and if you are the "event photographer", theyʻll expect and want you to possibly move around. The key is to not stay in one place blocking someoneʻs view for very long.

The 55mm prime does get the entire stage fairly well, but next time I would take your 55-300mm for closer waist up and head & shoulder close ups. Yes, ISO might need to be up to 6400, and SR on, and you will get a lot of blurred or out of focus shots, but if you keep shooting, youʻll get some gems. No one cares about how many bad shots you get; only how many good ones.
03-12-2018, 04:00 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Alex645 Quote
Good job! With experience, you should become a bit more bold and if you are the "event photographer", theyʻll expect and want you to possibly move around. The key is to not stay in one place blocking someoneʻs view for very long.

The 55mm prime does get the entire stage fairly well, but next time I would take your 55-300mm for closer waist up and head & shoulder close ups. Yes, ISO might need to be up to 6400, and SR on, and you will get a lot of blurred or out of focus shots, but if you keep shooting, youʻll get some gems. No one cares about how many bad shots you get; only how many good ones.
Yup Alex,

Well taken and noted. Basically I had to remain grounded for two reasons one as I was invited as dignitary (being director of one research center) and second my two daughters were accompanying me and if I'd moved, the younger would have followed me creating unnecessary disturbance. But next time I would not like to get prominence if I plan to shoot.

Best regards,

Atindra