Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-29-2018, 03:22 AM   #1

K-70 Remote Control

The weekend weather wasn’t very inspiring to pop out with the recently acquired K-70 but I took the opportunity to check out the remote release options for use on a tripod.

With my K10 I was using a cheap IR or a cable release so I thought I would give them a try on the K-70.

IR not working with either camera, I haven’t used it for quite a while so assuming a flat battery, back to that one later.

My cable release is a modified CS-105 for an MZ. To use it with my K10 I had chopped off the special MZ plug and fitted a 3.5mm stereo jack which then plugged into a further length of cable with a 3.5mm female socket to a 2.5mm jack for the camera. The idea being that I can add length using a standard 3.5mm headphone extension cable.

Using the cable release with the K-70 works fine, it auto detects the cable release and the two stage focus then shoot function works fine. The only thing I have found is that it ignores the 3 second delay option when selected in the menu and fires immediately. Has anyone else found this? Not sure if this is a conflict with another setting elsewhere. There are just so many menus to play with!

I really like the Mirror Up option for tripod work especially as there is an option to automatically disable SR. With my K10 I sometimes forget to disable SR or re-enable after tripod use.

I’ll try the Image Sync app and other Wi-Fi options when I have a spare moment.

08-29-2018, 07:25 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Hi. I just checked in my k-70. Set the camera with standard 2 second delay (by default SR will be off and mirror will lock-up). It works perfectly. The 3 second delay is probably only for IR remote.
09-02-2018, 11:51 AM   #3

Original Poster
Hi taktoon

Thanks for your comment.
I tried a new battery in the IR remote and as you say the 3 second delay works with that rather than the wired remote.
09-03-2018, 12:41 AM   #4
Veteran Member

So with the cable release use standard 2 sec. delay from drive mode. It already has mirror lock-up built in.
With IR remote Try tu use M. UP with IR mode (mirror lockup with Infra red remote) from drive mode. Just checked this with IR from phone. First click locks mirror up and second one releases the shutter.