Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
5 Days Ago - 3 Likes   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
DW58's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Posts: 3,664
My K-70. No Problems. How about you?

Bought my K-70 early January of this year. Just under 7,500 shutter clicks so far. Anybody else NOT having aperture block problems? Seeing as there is a thread to report aperture problems it only seems fair to have a thread for people to share their reasons why they are happy with their K-70. Here are a few of mine.

Bang for your buck. I find it amazing that Pentax could cram all that into a DSLR for the price. Much of what is available I haven't even explored yet.

The flippy screen. Didn't think I'd like it let alone need it. But for close to the ground macro shots? My 60 yr old back says thank you K-70!

Build quality. The K-70 may not have a magnesium alloy frame like the K-3 or KP but it still feels solid. I broke my K-3. The feel of the K-70 is not that far behind.

I could delve into the minutia of what I like about my K-70. But I would bore both you and I.

I realize there is the possibility of my K-70 going belly up with aperture block failure sometime in the future but temper that thought with the knowledge that many electronic gadgets fail for any number of reasons. Hell, I spent almost $70.00 on a high end Mr. Coffee that didn't last 6 months.

As of today I am a proud K-70 owner. Any others out there?





Last edited by DW58; 5 Days Ago at 06:36 PM.
5 Days Ago - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
DW58's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Posts: 3,664
Original Poster
My K-70 and 55-300 PLM @ 63mm going 65 mph out the truck window near Monroe Oregon.

4 Days Ago - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Nov 2014
Photos: Albums
Posts: 645
I love mine. Lots of great features for the dollar.

Great sensor, excellent upgrade of the IBIS from my K50! Lots of drive modes, PixelShift, WiFi, articulating screen.

Like I said, excellent camera.
4 Days Ago - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
gump's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Canton, Ohio
Photos: Albums
Posts: 95
So far-so good with my K-70. I occasionally have an underexposed shot but I blame it on the idiot using the camera. I can understand the process of not thinking the versatile monitor screen was important and then changing you mind. What I cannot understand is spending a lot for a Mr. Coffee. The 10 buck ones make coffee and you can't tell the difference.

4 Days Ago - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
DW58's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Posts: 3,664
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gump Quote
So far-so good with my K-70. I occasionally have an underexposed shot but I blame it on the idiot using the camera. I can understand the process of not thinking the versatile monitor screen was important and then changing you mind. What I cannot understand is spending a lot for a Mr. Coffee. The 10 buck ones make coffee and you can't tell the difference.
Congratulations on your $10.00 coffee maker. In my 40+ years of buying them have never seen such a cheap one for sale. Two features I insist my coffee maker has is to be able to set it to turn on by itself in the morning and have an auto shut off. Have to spend at least $18.00 around here for one like that.
4 Days Ago - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2017
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 181
I use my K-70(and K-30) all the time; it's my constant companion. No aperture problems so far. I REALLY like Pixel shift, not to mention all the other modes. I'm finally getting into RAW, and so far the results are truly amazing.
4 Days Ago   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
DW58's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Posts: 3,664
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bladerunner6 Quote
I love mine. Lots of great features for the dollar.

Great sensor, excellent upgrade of the IBIS from my K50! Lots of drive modes, PixelShift, WiFi, articulating screen.

Like I said, excellent camera.
I moved up from a K-50 as well. No aperture block problems with my K-50 either.

QuoteOriginally posted by joelbolden Quote
I use my K-70(and K-30) all the time; it's my constant companion. No aperture problems so far. I REALLY like Pixel shift, not to mention all the other modes. I'm finally getting into RAW, and so far the results are truly amazing.
Haven't used pixel shift yet. Going to have to give it a try.
4 Days Ago - 1 Like   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
ronniemac's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Oxford
Photos: Albums
Posts: 170
Traded in my K-S2 for the K-70, such a good decision, such good value for money. Poor old K-3ii not being used so much because the image quality on the K-70 is better at high iso and it's a lighter camera to lug around.

The K-70 works well with the DA 16-85, but when travelling light, a couple of DA Limiteds go nicely with it.

Yea, the K-70 rocks!

4 Days Ago   #9
New Member




Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Surprise, AZ
Posts: 11
I have a K50 and have had zero issues with anything. I love my camera!
3 Days Ago   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
DW58's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Posts: 3,664
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ronniemac Quote
Traded in my K-S2 for the K-70, such a good decision, such good value for money. Poor old K-3ii not being used so much because the image quality on the K-70 is better at high iso and it's a lighter camera to lug around.

The K-70 works well with the DA 16-85, but when travelling light, a couple of DA Limiteds go nicely with it.

Yea, the K-70 rocks!
I drowned my K-3 pushing the limits of it's WR. Didn't end well. Went back to using my K-50 while waiting for the successor to the K-3ii to be announced. When that didn't happen I bought a K-70. Almost went for the KP but at the time the K-70 was almost half the price. I also thought that when the next APS-C "flagship" hit the shelves it might not be THAT much different than the KP. But there might be enough of a difference to make me wish I had waited. Anyway, I ended up with the K-70 and have no regrets. So far.
I completely agree with you. The K-70 rocks.
1 Day Ago - 1 Like   #11
Forum Member




Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Grapevine TX
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 67
QuoteOriginally posted by DW58 Quote
As of today I am a proud K-70 owner. Any others out there?
Yup. Got mine about 18 months ago. Shot thousands of pix - did I mention the first grandchild? The IQ is staggering. Have an Epson SureColor 800; make 17x22 prints from K-70 shots that you can hang in a gallery.

Have tons of Pentax glass, but mostly I keep the FA 77 Limited on the K-70, and the DA 15 Limited in a pocket, and I couldn't be happier!

Cjf
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
aperture, block, k-3, k-70, k70, pentax k-70, reasons, thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Abstract "See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil" Kerrowdown Post Your Photos! 2 11-15-2017 12:44 AM
People Hear no Evil, See no Evil, Speak no Evil Snipes Post Your Photos! 7 09-08-2013 06:23 AM
People No bubbles-no bugs-no birds--just kids charliezap Post Your Photos! 14 06-16-2012 03:31 AM
May 1st, 2012 A Day Without the 99% No Work No School No Housework No Shopping jogiba General Talk 4 05-02-2012 02:48 AM
Leaf...? No, Bird...? No, Bug...? No... Michaelina2 Post Your Photos! 3 04-21-2009 10:19 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:46 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top