Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
5 Days Ago   #1
Pentaxian

K-70 - How to select the AF-C mode?

This may sound a bit of a "gormless" question coming from a longtime user of the GX10/K5/K-30/K-3 bodies:

I've always used AFC mode as the default, but now, having just got a K-70, I can't work out how to get it out of AFS mode and then into AFC mode - When I press the INFO button, the AFS mode box can't be changed, and I can't find anything (yet) in the Menus or the Manual (yes, I did look!) on how to do it!

So, please can someone enlighten me on what to do?

PS: Although it arrived from SRS Microsystems today, I was surprised to find that it is still running the original V 1.00 f/w, and so I've downloaded V1.11 and wili install it later this afternoon - will that make any difference?

Thanks in advance.

5 Days Ago   #2
Pentaxian

Record menu 1, first item?
5 Days Ago   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jeallen01 Quote
PS: Although it arrived from SRS Microsystems today, I was surprised to find that it is still running the original V 1.00 f/w,
I think that is quite usual. Don't think I have ever bought a camera with anything other than the original firmware.
5 Days Ago   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by microlight Quote
Record menu 1, first item?
Thx but can't seem to find that option (the K-70 menus are slightly different from the K-3 &K-30/K-50 so that might be why).

5 Days Ago - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums

According to the manual it depends on what mode you are in which AF settings are available.
5 Days Ago   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
According to the manual it depends on what mode you are in which AF settings are available.
Thanks and that prompted me to actually "think" a bit - and the answer was "obvious" when I took another look at the mode settings on the dial on the top of the body, where "Programme" mode (which I virtually never use) was the setting as delivered.

However, when I reset that to my normal TAVR mode and pressed the Info button, then, in the AFS box, I could select AFA, AFS or AFC = "Job done"!!

Many thanks again!!
5 Days Ago   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jeallen01 Quote
Thanks and that prompted me to actually "think" a bit - and the answer was "obvious" when I took another look at the mode settings on the dial on the top of the body, where "Programme" mode (which I virtually never use) was the setting as delivered.

However, when I reset that to my normal TAVR mode and pressed the Info button, then, in the AFS box, I could select AFA, AFS or AFC = "Job done"!!

Many thanks again!!

We've all had moments like that - glad it works and enjoy your new camera!
5 Days Ago   #8
Pentaxian

It was from the K-70 manual - but congrats on getting it sorted. Enjoy!

5 Days Ago   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by microlight Quote
It was from the K-70 manual - but congrats on getting it sorted. Enjoy!
In the manual = Yes. Easy to track down = "probably not" (like many Pentax manuals)
5 Days Ago   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They're easy - just Google "Pentax Camera Manual" and one of the top 3 links will lead to the list at Ricoh-Pentax.
5 Days Ago   #11
Pentaxian

He probably meant its not easy to find things in the manual.
5 Days Ago   #12
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
They're easy - just Google "Pentax Camera Manual" and one of the top 3 links will lead to the list at Ricoh-Pentax.
Quite, but I had already done that and downloaded the official manual, and then tried to find the solution via that (said that in my first post!) - but then I "gave up" and asked the question here. Lo and behold, a few minutes later the "penny dropped" and I found and sorted the problem!

---------- Post added 01-14-19 at 08:00 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by mcgregni Quote
He probably meant its not easy to find things in the manual.
Absolutely!