Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
03-29-2019, 03:06 PM   #1

Continuous shooting mode isn't working.

Hi everyone. I don't know if there is some problem with the camera or I did something with the settings but I can't shoot in burst mode any more. The camera shoots one single time and that's it. I tried to change every single setting but with no result ... Does anyone know what it could be? Thank you very much in advance.

03-29-2019, 03:09 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Which camera, and are you able to select continuous shooting mode? i.e. is the option not available, or is it single-shot even though you have continuous shooting enabled?
03-29-2019, 03:22 PM   #3

Original Poster
I'm using Pentax K-70.
Yes, continuous mode is enabled. Everythings look ok but it just does'n shoot that way at all. Only one shot and that's all.

---------- Post added 03-29-19 at 03:38 PM ----------

I noticed now that if I keep enabling the Continuous shooting (High or Low) the only icon in green, that is the one active, is still the Single frame shooting. All the rest are in white.
03-29-2019, 03:46 PM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by efo_777 Quote
I noticed now that if I keep enabling the Continuous shooting (High or Low) the only icon in green, that is the one active, is still the Single frame shooting. All the rest are in white.
I don't have the k70 specifically, but the green icon for single frame is like that to say that if you press the physical green button, it sets it to that mode. What is selected should have a frame around it (and you press OK to select it)
To take autofocus out of the equation (depending on the settings the camera may not fire unless it acquired focus), set the focus to manual, select from the drive mode continuous shooting, and hold the shutter button. The camera should fire at a steady rate. If that's so, then you should tell us more about what kind of subject you're trying to shoot, perhaps it's caused by AF not locking focus (good news is that there's a lot of useful info in PF about technique for tracking motion)

03-29-2019, 04:04 PM   #5

Original Poster
I've tried this many times including auto focus adjustments. Could it be because of the low light?
I actually noticed it this evening when I was trying to shoot some parrots in the park but even if it was a still object it shouldn't be a problem as I have done this before. I don't know what happened.
03-29-2019, 04:15 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've tried this many times including auto focus adjustments. Could it be because of the low light?
I actually noticed it this evening when I was trying to shoot some parrots in the park but even if it was a still object it shouldn't be a problem as I have done this before. I don't know what happened.
Can you post a photo of your drive mode menu?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-29-2019, 04:23 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

What mode is the main camera mode dial set on?

03-29-2019, 04:49 PM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Yes, here how it looks like.

---------- Post added 03-29-19 at 04:51 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
What mode is the main camera mode dial set on?
It's on manual mode but I tried the others modes, as well.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
SM-G930F  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
SM-G930F  Photo 
03-29-2019, 05:01 PM   #9

Original Poster
Here are 2 more photos
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
SM-G930F  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
SM-G930F  Photo 
03-29-2019, 05:12 PM   #10
Pentaxian

... I don't have a K-70 - but maybe it is in focus priority - so it wont take a shoot until focus is fixed - thus in lower light or challenging situations it wont shoot continuously...

Last edited by Caver; 03-29-2019 at 05:20 PM. Reason: typo
03-29-2019, 05:15 PM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

It looks like single shot is still selected. You will need to press the OK button to confirm the burst mode selection.

Also, if you have lens corrections on, this will slow your burst framerate.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-29-2019, 05:22 PM   #12

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Caver Quote
... I don't have a K-70 - but maybe it is in focus priority - so it wont take a shoot until focus is fixed - thus in lower light or challenging situations it wont shoot continuously...
I set everything in release priority. As far as I checked everything its not on focus priority. I'll see tomorrow during the day. Hopefully you are right about the low light. Thank you.
03-30-2019, 02:00 AM   #13

Original Poster
It looks like single shot is still selected. You will need to press the OK button to confirm the burst mode selection.

It looks like but I dont know why. I keep selecting burst mode as it is shown on the screen control panel. I'm attaching a photo.

---------- Post added 03-30-19 at 02:18 AM ----------

I turned off all lens corrections now. It just wont shoot a second shot...
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
SM-G930F  Photo 
03-30-2019, 06:49 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

@Efo_777, perhaps this is a clue:

Continuous shooting cannot work if clarity function is enabled - PentaxForums.com

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/184-pentax-k-s1-k-s2/316825-help-continu...ting-mode.html

Also, the user manual, pp. 118-120 of the English language version, indicates some restrictions for continuous shooting.

The camera might be set to a function that doesn't preclude continuous shooting, but slows down the burst rate significantly. Have you tried holding down the shutter button for several seconds?

- Craig

Last edited by c.a.m; 03-30-2019 at 08:36 AM. Reason: clarify
03-30-2019, 01:15 PM   #15
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I turned off all lens corrections now. It just wont shoot a second shot...
Looks like you still have the portrait corrections enabled, which take a lot of processing time after each shot. You will wan to disable that as well.

Adam