Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-30-2019, 04:31 PM   #16
Pentaxian

As c.a.m has suggested in post #14, check the Clarity setting in Camera Menu 3. If it is set to anything but zero, it slows down the burst to about 1 shot every 5 seconds.

Philip

03-31-2019, 05:09 AM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Looks like you still have the portrait corrections enabled, which take a lot of processing time after each shot. You will wan to disable that as well.
You mean the skin tone probably. I'll switch that off, as well later. It makes sense.
Thank you Adam

---------- Post added 03-31-19 at 05:19 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
What mode is the main camera mode dial set on?
It's on manual mode. But I tried all modes.
04-05-2019, 09:37 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by efo_777 Quote
Continuous shooting mode isn't working.
Hi @efo_777, wondering whether you had any success in getting continuous shooting mode to work?

- Craig
04-06-2019, 01:06 AM   #19

Original Poster
Hi Craig, last time I tried after some suggestions, it started working but in very short buffer like 5-6 shots and then it gets much slower. As I have long hours working during the day, I haven't had much time to try on a stronger light. In a few days I will when I'm off.
Anyway I've never imagined that the burst mode would be affected by so many other settings. I wonder if it's only with Pentax this problem or with the other cameras, too.

04-06-2019, 03:37 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by efo_777 Quote
Hi Craig, last time I tried after some suggestions, it started working but in very short buffer like 5-6 shots and then it gets much slower. As I have long hours working during the day, I haven't had much time to try on a stronger light. In a few days I will when I'm off.Anyway I've never imagined that the burst mode would be affected by so many other settings. I wonder if it's only with Pentax this problem or with the other cameras, too.
I would guess that your K-70 is functioning correctly.

Just another thought -- 'slower' memory cards (i.e., lower write speeds) can cause slower buffer clearing times, and may limit the length of bursts in continuous shooting mode. Another factor is the type of file that you save to the memory card: Saving RAW + JPEG files will fill the buffer faster and hamper continuous shooting performance, than if you save only JPEG.

Hopefully you're able to get along okay with the settings that you've optimized for continuous shooting. It would be great if you could provide an update when you get a breather from work and have a chance to play with the camera.

Cheers,

- Craig

Last edited by c.a.m; 04-06-2019 at 05:39 PM.
05-02-2019, 07:13 AM - 1 Like   #21

Original Poster
It's not because of the memory cards or the type of files I shoot, because I shoot with the same card and in both raw and jpeg it was ok. I had some more time so I kept changing settings and I think the main reason for the issue was the filters in camera. When I finally managed to shoot in burst mode I saved the settings in all 3 customizable programing modes just in case if I loose it again. It's a good camera I'd say but sometimes I think the mennue could have been a bit simpler. Thank you everyone for your help!