Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-07-2019, 05:50 AM   #1

Developing RAW Images In-Camera

I have a RAW image that I want to test different camera settings to ‘fix’ it and then convert to a JPEG image.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong but when I try to convert the RAW image to a JPEG in-camera I get an error saying that “No image can be processed”. I press the playback button and select the image. I then press the WB button to bring up the Raw Development screen and select the icon with RAW and a down arrow. I then choose the ‘Select single image’ option and get that error message. My first thought was that the SD card was in write protect but it was not. I checked the manual and also did a search for the solution but found nothing. Thanking you in advance for any help with this issue.

04-07-2019, 08:11 AM   #2
Pentaxian

It might sound obvious, but have checked the camera is set to save in RAW or RAW+JPG and not JPG only ? If using dual memory card in RAW+JPG, are you sure to select the SD card with the RAW datafiles and not the JPG one ? This last one happened to me countless of time and will give the error message that you see.
04-07-2019, 08:19 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thank you for the reply CarlJF. Apparently The K-50 and K-70 RAW formats are not compatible in-camera. I shot the RAW file on my K-50 but when I learned about the option to fix the photo in-camera I copied the file onto the K-70 card. Well that doesn't work. I copied it to the K-50 and 'fixed' my issue...which in this case was me ;o)
04-07-2019, 01:54 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tewhano Quote
Thank you for the reply CarlJF. Apparently The K-50 and K-70 RAW formats are not compatible in-camera. I shot the RAW file on my K-50 but when I learned about the option to fix the photo in-camera I copied the file onto the K-70 card. Well that doesn't work. I copied it to the K-50 and 'fixed' my issue...which in this case was me ;o)

I think the in camera raw has only the profile for the sensor in that exact camera sensor.