Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-24-2019, 11:23 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
is it possible to fit a hand strap to the K-70?

I'm guessing not as there is nothing on the bottom to attack one to?

04-24-2019, 11:33 AM - 2 Likes   #2
Forum Member

The Peak Design one should work, since it should come with a plate to screw into the tripod mount. Edit, link:

https://www.peakdesign.com/products/clutch
04-24-2019, 12:07 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
https://optechusa.com/slr-wrist-strap.html
04-24-2019, 12:11 PM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jlstrawman Quote
That's a wrist strap rather than a hand strap.

04-24-2019, 12:12 PM   #5

I use Peak Design straps on my cameras, although not as a wrist strap. My wife has her Nikon bridge camera on a Peak Design wrist strap - no problems, although it wouldn't be my choice as I have small hands/wrists.
04-24-2019, 12:14 PM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by nicolpa47 Quote
I use Peak Design straps on my cameras, although not as a wrist strap. My wife has her Nikon bridge camera on a Peak Design wrist strap - no problems, although it wouldn't be my choice as I have small hands/wrists.
A wrist strap and a hand strap are two different things. One goes round your wrist and the other you put your hand into it and it goes round the back of your hand.
04-24-2019, 12:29 PM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mccririck Quote
A wrist strap and a hand strap are two different things. One goes round your wrist and the other you put your hand into it and it goes round the back of your hand.
Ummmmm, yes...both are sort of generic items and your camera has no particular concerns except for battery door access and those are not unique. There are a number of reviews here on Pentax Forums:

Camera Straps - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database

That failing, B&H has an extensive listing as does Amazon.

BTW...the point of attachment is generally the tripod screw hole or the side of the QR plate, should you roll that way.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 04-24-2019 at 12:35 PM.
04-24-2019, 12:30 PM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by mccririck Quote
Apologies, I had forgotten about the 2 styles Peak Design produce - I presume you would regard the Peak Design "Clutch" as a hand strap. The one my wife has is the wrist strap.

04-24-2019, 12:39 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Heck I've had a Spider Pro on my K-70 since almost day one. Bought it from another forum member. Works great too, I love it (red), altho the battery door is a bit restricted but still accessible.
04-24-2019, 01:05 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BugsDogsAndSunsets Quote
The Peak Design one should work, since it should come with a plate to screw into the tripod mount. Edit, link:

Clutch Camera Hand Strap | Peak Design Official Site

I use the Peak Design Clutch (as linked to above) with My K70 and my K3II with Battery Grip. It comes with a tripod mounting plate with openings to attach the PD connector. I really like PD stuff in general and the Clutch in particular.
04-24-2019, 01:06 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have been using this hand and wrist strap combo for 2 months with a K-70 and like it. Beware of straps that come with tripod plates, be sure they work with your tripod.

USA GEAR Professional Series USA Gear Dual Grip GRCMDG0110BKEW
04-24-2019, 01:14 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Perfessor5646 Quote
I use the Peak Design Clutch (as linked to above) with My K70 and my K3II with Battery Grip. It comes with a tripod mounting plate with openings to attach the PD connector. I really like PD stuff in general and the Clutch in particular.
I know the Spider Pro is more expensive but it keeps it's shape on camera which lets me slip my hand into it quickly and reliably every time. That's really very important to my shooting since when not actively in use my K70 hangs on a belt stud keeping my hands free. It looks like the Peak would need to be released and/or re-tightened each time? If not I might consider that for my KP which the Spider Pro doesn't work as well with as on the K70.
04-25-2019, 12:22 PM - 1 Like   #13
Pentaxian

I have Zing Action Straps on 3 bodies (and a knockoff on the other body!).

UNFORTUNATELY, the Zing brand now appears to be part of the Tiffen Group, and they have discontinued that strap! I got the very last one in stock (in NY) a few months ago - and very glad I am too because they are very comfortable and long lasting!

OTOH, I have quite large hands and can only just tighten them enough to "fit" me (especially on the K-30 & K-70) - people with smaller hands would probably find them quite loose.