Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-19-2019, 12:12 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
MODSET file, and upgrading firmware

Is there anything like that for the K-70? Mine is brand new, so it's not something I'd need to play with anytime soon. I just want to know from current K-70 owners if the front/back focus settings can be tweaked, if needed.

I'll upgrade the firmware tonight or tomorrow. Will that affect any settings that I should look out for?

06-19-2019, 12:28 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You may download the latest firmware from the ricoh website.
Software Downloads : Support & Service | RICOH IMAGING

Fron/back focus, however, does not need firmware update; check your manual for details, and may be google for a good procedure to determine this for your respective lense.

---------- Post added 06-19-19 at 12:29 PM ----------

here is actually an article:
Fixing Front and Back Focus - Introduction - In-Depth Articles
06-19-2019, 12:37 PM - 1 Like   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The main reason for using a MODSET was to get access to the debug interface to expose AF calibration for cameras that did not provide such natively. As a result, MODSET for newer bodies have become somewhat rare. This recent thread might provide some help regarding your camera:

Is there a way to get the Pentax K70 into debug mode? - PentaxForums.com

What is your purpose?

QuoteOriginally posted by doc_taz_nj Quote
I'll upgrade the firmware tonight or tomorrow. Will that affect any settings that I should look out for?
Doing a firmware update should not modify any of your existing settings.

Steve
06-19-2019, 01:44 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
The main reason for using a MODSET was to get access to the debug interface to expose AF calibration for cameras that did not provide such natively. As a result, MODSET for newer bodies have become somewhat rare. This recent thread might provide some help regarding your camera:

Is there a way to get the Pentax K70 into debug mode? - PentaxForums.com

What is your purpose?

Doing a firmware update should not modify any of your existing settings.

Steve
My purpose is to see if the front/back focus setting can be modified. As I said in the OP, that's not something I need to do now.

Thanks for the link.

06-19-2019, 02:03 PM - 1 Like   #5
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My purpose is to see if the front/back focus setting can be modified. As I said in the OP, that's not something I need to do now.
If I understand you correctly when you say "see if the front/back focus setting can be modified", you don't need a MODSET file for this. All modern Pentax cameras have "AF Fine Adjustment", and you can set adjustments for a number of different lenses, that are remembered by the camera body and activated whenever you attach each lens
06-19-2019, 02:20 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
If I understand you correctly when you say "see if the front/back focus setting can be modified", you don't need a MODSET file for this. All modern Pentax cameras have "AF Fine Adjustment", and you can set adjustments for a number of different lenses, that are remembered by the camera body and activated whenever you attach each lens
Figured that out, thanks! I saved this page via pocket, from Ricoh on how to adjust the settings: How to optimize focusing accuracy with large-aperture lenses / Beautiful Photo-life | RICOH IMAGING
06-19-2019, 02:58 PM - 1 Like   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Figured that out, thanks! I saved this page via pocket, from Ricoh on how to adjust the settings: How to optimize focusing accuracy with large-aperture lenses / Beautiful Photo-life | RICOH IMAGING
Also in the user manual (p65 in the English version), available from Ricoh:

Operation Manuals Download : Support & Service | RICOH IMAGING

Steve