Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-02-2019, 06:23 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I never used the K-70, but the KP is a great camera. No film body for decades had a grip. I settled on one that works well enough, can't remember now which it was, I'd have to get out the box with the others.

12-03-2019, 09:16 AM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by SethZ Quote
I've been looking KP vs K70; for me it is an upgrade to a K-200D.
One thing I see is the grip issue- but I started out with the ME Super SLR which was flat so I think it can work- it is more what you are used to.
Cost is getting closer;
reh321 and his repost from caliscouser have some of the main things swaying me to KP- the AF system and electronic shutter option for quiet shooting.
I like having a movable LCD screen (the K-200D is fixed) - but I don't expect to use it for selfies so the LP may work better- I'm 5'6" and I often hold my camera high to shoot over taller people
Well like my mom said, I change my mind a lot.
I splurged and bought the KP yesterday.
This morning I see that the K70 dropped $75 US on Amazon; that made me reconsider, and I cancelled KP and went with the K70.

I'm sure I would have liked the KP more, but my wife will like the $245 I saved more

I haven't shot as much as I used to recently. Now I can use the K70 to see if I can get back to my old ways without feeling guilty about the purchase.

Thanks to all here for comments / advice. I felt comfortable with either camera choice.
01-09-2020, 08:59 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by SethZ Quote
Well like my mom said, I change my mind a lot.
I splurged and bought the KP yesterday.
This morning I see that the K70 dropped $75 US on Amazon; that made me reconsider, and I cancelled KP and went with the K70.

I'm sure I would have liked the KP more, but my wife will like the $245 I saved more

I haven't shot as much as I used to recently. Now I can use the K70 to see if I can get back to my old ways without feeling guilty about the purchase.

Thanks to all here for comments / advice. I felt comfortable with either camera choice.
The K-70 will be a huge step over the K200D, you'll love it!
01-30-2020, 09:45 AM - 1 Like   #19

QuoteOriginally posted by Vmax911 Quote
The K-70 will be a huge step over the K200D, you'll love it!
I just took my K-70 for trip to Walt Disney World. Even though I did buy their photo package (so I would be in photos) and I had a video camera (SONY) I wanted to use my new DSLR and see what I could get out of it.
I still haven't really learned enough on its use, and I only took my 18-55 kit lens (From my old K200D) but I loved what I did shoot. Quick bursts, much better autofocus, tilt Live view allowing better shots (I'm only 5'6"), wifi so my daughter could post, auto Iso- these are only a few of the features which are new to me.

To Paraphrase Casablanca, "I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."