Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
10-21-2019, 08:14 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome! For me, I read the manual over and over. Good luck!

10-21-2019, 01:03 PM - 1 Like   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kiwi_jono Quote
On the off chance that you mean it won't turn on for you... There are a few things that automatically turn SR off too - like having self timer on or mirror up.
Also... When shooting with a tripod it's not necessary to have shake reduction on. In fact it can be worse since vibration from the camera mirror flipping up and down on the rigid tripod can create a minor shake. In menu settings you can program the SR - shake reduction, to switch off automatically when selecting remote shutter release via cable or IR.
10-25-2019, 05:52 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by lroger Quote
Thank you all . got the E-book for the k70. Has everything I need to know. Thanks again folks.
QuoteOriginally posted by Dale H. Cook Quote
I also recommend Yvon Bourque's K-70 eBook. In the past I have carried SLR manuals in my camera bag, but the K-70 printed manual is a subset of the PDF manual, so instead of the printed manual I carry the PDF manual on my tablet next to Yvon's eBook and the PDF manuals for my lenses and my ColorChecker.

When I bought my K-70 over a year and a half ago I wanted a DSLR that I could grow into and not grow out of. I am still growing into it.
QuoteOriginally posted by whammerhead Quote
Newbie to the forum myself. I also have the K-70 and highly recommend Yvon Bourque's pdf book. For the price it's a no-brainer. Enjoy the K-70.
QuoteOriginally posted by steve_k Quote
There are e-books available on this site for Pentax cameras including the K-70. I own one for each of my bodies. Well worth the money.
Just my 2 cents! Got my k-70 almost 2 years ago now and still keep referring back to Yvonne's book, great resource! You can buy it here that will also help support the PentaxForums site!

PentaxForums.com PayPal Donations

Attached Images

10-25-2019, 01:08 PM - 1 Like   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SharkyCA Quote
Just my 2 cents! Got my k-70 almost 2 years ago now and still keep referring back to Yvonne's book, great resource! You can buy it here that will also help support the PentaxForums site!
For the last few years, Adam has run a Black Friday deal on forum membership upgrades, that includes a download of one of Yvonne's books. I'm not certain if it's in the works again this year but if anyone wants marketplace access and a book, it may be a good way to go.

11-17-2019, 03:12 AM   #20

Photos: Albums
Welcome from Hungary