Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-30-2019, 04:34 PM   #1

Pentax K-70 - is it possible to disable shake reduction?

Hello,

I'm considering buying Pentax K-70 online, however one feature (or the lack thereof) is not clear to me from the PDF user guide.

Can the shake reduction be turned off if desired with this model?

I haven't found any mention about this possibility. I see in the PDF guide there is a shake reduction submenu, but I found no details about the options (whether it is on/off, or only different levels of "on" intensity).

Thank you.

11-30-2019, 04:39 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Yes, you can turn it off with any Pentax model. It turns off automatically in some modes (timer, etc).
11-30-2019, 04:50 PM   #3
Forum Member

Timer and mirror lock up turn off the Shake reduction.

You can also turn it off in the menu. In the K-5 there is an option in the fourth tab of the Photo/Camera tabs. I can only assume that this is similar in the K-70.

I think you can even assign one of the function buttons to toggle it on or off.
11-30-2019, 04:57 PM   #4
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pentax2019 Quote
Hello,

I'm considering buying Pentax K-70 online, however one feature (or the lack thereof) is not clear to me from the PDF user guide.

I haven't found any mention about this possibility. I see in the PDF guide there is a shake reduction submenu, but I found no details about the options (whether it is on/off, or only different levels of "on" intensity).

Thank you.
Shake reduction on the K-70 can be turned off/on in the control panel.

To get to the Control Panel, press Info. Navigate the control panel using the right/left arrow keys (on the 4 way controller) to get to Shake Reduction icon, then use the rear thumb wheel to select the desired Shake Reduction status (off/on), then press OK to change.

Last edited by Racer X 69; 11-30-2019 at 05:05 PM.
12-01-2019, 01:41 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Shake reduction on the K-70 can be turned off/on in the control panel.

To get to the Control Panel, press Info. Navigate the control panel using the right/left arrow keys (on the 4 way controller) to get to Shake Reduction icon, then use the rear thumb wheel to select the desired Shake Reduction status (off/on), then press OK to change.
Same goes even with older models like the K-7.
12-11-2019, 08:07 AM   #6

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pentax2019 Quote
Hello,

Thank you.
Can I turn off shake reduction in a user programmed mode in the K-70?

I have a 150-500mm Sigma lens with built in SR, and I wouldn't mind having a "user defined setting" which would be a 2nd aperture priority setting with in body SR turned off.
12-21-2019, 04:32 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sheld Quote
Can I turn off shake reduction in a user programmed mode in the K-70?
See post 4
01-08-2020, 12:51 PM   #8

Original Poster
Thank you very much for all your comments.