Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-26-2020, 11:27 PM   #61
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by The Apostle Quote
I was careful to not touch the screw that's deep down within the battery compartment. I don't think it's a spring issue either. The battery feels tighter all the way in and all the way out. It's really not a big deal - the camera works and that's what matters.
Just in case it is not an original Pentax battery: I had that once or twice and then I knew the battery was not only old but could explode!
But it had warped obviouly!

10-27-2020, 02:36 AM   #62

QuoteOriginally posted by The Apostle Quote
I was careful to not touch the screw that's deep down within the battery compartment. I don't think it's a spring issue either. The batter feels tighter all the way in and all the way out. It's really not a big deal - the camera works and that's what matters.
interesting, I have the same thing after fixing my K-70.
it looks to me batteryhook has greater force now but it moves freely with ease

maybe we should open bottom part once more (it's the easiest part of all) but from the picture I don't see what can be assembled wrong (spring pushed more to the hook side or something like that)
Attached Images

10-27-2020, 10:03 AM - 2 Likes   #63
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Good thinking!

This bit of rubber (large red arrow), if not inserted correctly into this gap (small green arrow) , it can jam of course, the inner part of it will press against the battery!

The battery-compartment of the K70 (and K-S2) can only become tighter either by the battery itself swelling due to dangerous interior processes going on

or due to the bottom not fitting proberly (almost always due to this piece of rubber jamming).
Attached Images

Last edited by photogem; 10-28-2020 at 05:42 AM. Reason: additional information
10-29-2020, 04:00 AM   #64

QuoteOriginally posted by photogem Quote
Good thinking!

This bit of rubber (large red arrow), if not inserted correctly into this gap (small green arrow) , it can jam of course, the inner part of it will press against the battery!

The battery-compartment of the K70 (and K-S2) can only become tighter either by the battery itself swelling due to dangerous interior processes going on

or due to the bottom not fitting proberly (almost always due to this piece of rubber jamming).
couldn't resist and just opened bottom once more despite enormous numbers of screws
all looked well, batteryhook moves freely - it's spring goes too deep inside body (don't want to remove front part of K-70) but nothing indicates there is something wrong or squeezed deep in.
after assembling back, now I have a feeling it's push force is tad softer now.

12-07-2020, 07:39 AM   #65
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
The repair is too much work for me. I gave mine to service (locally in India). Got message it is fixed now. I had to wait more than 6 months because of COVID-19.
12-07-2020, 11:31 AM   #66
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Let us know what they repaired.
Hope it will last.
If not, then if too much for you, find another person who can do it for you.
Or sell the K70 right now and get the KP.
12-08-2020, 03:47 AM   #67
Pentaxian

I told the service center to keep testing for couple of days. I hope it will last.
I have been waiting for K-3iii to see if I want to upgrade to it. Else I will be just getting a KP.
I just need a good camera for my DA560. The K70 was on sale very near to me (which is rare in India) so got tempted.
12-16-2020, 09:22 AM   #68
Pentaxian

Got my K70 back. Looks like it is holding good so far. No idea if the service center replaced solenoid or just filed off.
They are authorised center so hopefully they replaced the faulty part

12-17-2020, 01:28 AM   #69
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
The replaced part will still be the China-Solenoid and can go back into jamming-session