Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-30-2020, 07:35 AM   #1

Sample .PEF RAW files

Hi everyone. I'm in need of some sample .PEF RAW files in order to do some testing when using it with an open source RAW decoder called lensfun. Would anyone here be willing to share some sample files with me? They don't need to be anything special...probably your junk images that you haven't deleted yet. I just need images with color and shapes. Street shots, landscapes with sky, whatever. I just need some stuff with colors in them so I can verify accuracy.

I need .PEF files, not .DNG files

If anyone here would help me with this I would be grateful.

03-30-2020, 07:44 AM   #2

I can send you some, but your email inbox must be capable of handling large attachments as my K-70 PEF files run about 30 mb.
03-30-2020, 10:08 AM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Pentax Forums! Folk tend to shoot DNG round these parts, but I might be able to find a few PEF for you. I will PM you with a link to the files. FWIW, you may want to put out a specific request for pixel shift and HDR shots as well, since both include nested PEF and present a bit of a twist to RAW parsing.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 03-30-2020 at 10:20 AM.
03-30-2020, 03:07 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Robertl Quote
Hi everyone. I'm in need of some sample .PEF RAW files in order to do some testing when using it with an open source RAW decoder called lensfun.
Is this the same lensfun described as "The goal of the Lensfun library is to provide a open source database of photographic lenses and their characteristics", and has its source repository here The world?s leading software development platform · GitHub › lensfun › lensfun.
if not you might have to consider that the name is already in use.

Cheers,
Terry

03-31-2020, 08:41 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tduell Quote
Is this the same lensfun described as "The goal of the Lensfun library is to provide a open source database of photographic lenses and their characteristics", and has its source repository here The world?s leading software development platform · GitHub › lensfun › lensfun.
if not you might have to consider that the name is already in use.

Cheers,
Terry
Yes, I'm doing open source work for both lensfun and libraw. I'm just an average Joe doing small things for a big project

---------- Post added 03-31-20 at 08:45 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Dale H. Cook Quote
I can send you some, but your email inbox must be capable of handling large attachments as my K-70 PEF files run about 30 mb.
That would be great. you can send them to my dropbox at this link Dropbox - Submit files

---------- Post added 03-31-20 at 08:46 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Dale H. Cook Quote

If you could include any pixel shift images or in camera HDR images in PEF format that would be great. They don't need to be 'nice' pics. Just clear with colors.. I don't care if it's a lego man.