Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
06-29-2022, 08:56 AM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by Dan Quote
That's a feature of your phone, not your camera. The way it works is as follows: When you take a photo the time at which you took the photo is embedded in the EXIF info. As you walk around taking photos your phone's GPS tracks your location and saves it as a track log, which shows where you were at each point in time. The geotagging software on your phone then matches the time you took the photo (as recorded by your camera) with your location at that time (as recorded by your phone). This allows the software to create a geotag for each photo. So you see, you don't need any sort of geotagging functionality built into your camera. All you need is a really smart phone!

Dan
What geotagging software would you use? I just got a k-70 and no matter what i've used I can't get location information tagged. I have the Pentax image sync software on my cell phone and the wifi setup as I take photo's but no gps information is recorded....I'm so confused.

06-30-2022, 08:37 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jackporteratwork Quote
What geotagging software would you use? I just got a k-70 and no matter what i've used I can't get location information tagged. I have the Pentax image sync software on my cell phone and the wifi setup as I take photo's but no gps information is recorded....I'm so confused.
The K-70 can only geotag if you have O-GPS1 attached and turned on. Only the K-3 iii is capable of getting geotag information from the ImageSync app. It appears that OP was transferring images to his phone pretty much right after shooting them, and thus his phone was adding location data based on where the phone was when the import happened.