Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-08-2021, 05:00 PM   #1
Closed Account

k-70 price

Interesting, the k-70 was on the Ricoh/Pentax site for $549, now it's back up to $649.
I guess it was just a monthly special - ?

02-08-2021, 05:17 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
$649 has been the "full price" for a while, but it still sells for $549 at B&H, Adorama, Amazon, etc.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-08-2021, 05:19 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Adorama still has it for $547 https://www.adorama.com/ipxk70.html?
They also have the KP for $697 https://www.adorama.com/ipxkpb.html?

Same deal at B&H https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1398115-REG/pentax_k_70_dslr_camera_body.html
02-16-2021, 04:14 PM   #4
Closed Account

Original Poster
Well, as you may have read in my other post, I pulled the trigger and bought the k-70. Just awaiting it's arrival.

In the meantime, what settings on it do I need to make in order for it to work with my Asahi Pentax M manual lens (the M 100mm macro 1:4).
On my k-r, I have the green button "action in M mode" set to Tv SHIFT (I don't even know what that means).
Also, obviously, using the aperture ring as permitted.

Last edited by Michael Piziak; 02-17-2021 at 06:08 AM.
02-18-2021, 11:58 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Michael Piziak Quote
Well, as you may have read in my other post, I pulled the trigger and bought the k-70. Just awaiting it's arrival.

In the meantime, what settings on it do I need to make in order for it to work with my Asahi Pentax M manual lens (the M 100mm macro 1:4).
On my k-r, I have the green button "action in M mode" set to Tv SHIFT (I don't even know what that means).
I highly recommend the e-book by Yvonne Burque available at the attached link, been very useful for my K-70!

Pentax eBook Downloads - Now on PF! (purchase here for instant access) - PentaxForums.com
02-27-2021, 01:27 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery

I just re-visited this post and read it over again, the following link may be more appropriate!

The PENTAX Hyper Control system: A quick, effortless way to find the optimum exposure settings / explore | RICOH IMAGING
02-27-2021, 09:15 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good choice, well selected!

Of course, in the menu set aperture ring permitted!
Otherwise no green button!

Good links:
Pentax Green Button Guide - Articles and Tips | PentaxForums.com
The Usage of Green Button - PentaxForums.com

You select M mode as you need to meter via the green button

- Doing so, the aperture stops down and the meter measures the appropriate exposure time

- You let go of the green button: The aperture moves wide open again: Necessary for brighter viewing and composition.

Example:
Set aperture for f/5,6, then focus, then press the green button: Your camera selects for example an exposure time of 1/30sec.
Take photo.

Important: Your Pentax will now stay at 1/30 for every photo you take unless you press the green button again!

Even if you change aperture: It will stay at 1/30!

So you can use that for experiments but correct metering only happens with another use of the green button.

Good read as well:
https://www.ricoh-imaging.eu/de_de/camera-info/pentax-guide-how-to-optimize-...perture-lenses

Last edited by photogem; 02-27-2021 at 09:25 PM.