Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
02-15-2021, 06:14 PM   #1
Closed Account

K-70 charger included?

I'm getting pretty close to buying a new k-70.
Curious: Does this include the battery charger (looks like it includes the battery)

amazon.com : Pentax K-70 Weather-Sealed DSLR Camera, Body Only (Black) : Camera & Photo?tag=pentaxforums-20&

02-15-2021, 06:15 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Michael Piziak Quote
I'm getting pretty close to buying a new k-70.
Curious: Does this include the battery charger (looks like it includes the battery)

amazon.com : Pentax K-70 Weather-Sealed DSLR Camera, Body Only (Black) : Camera & Photo?tag=pentaxforums-20&
It does.
02-15-2021, 06:19 PM   #3
Closed Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
It does.
My only hesitation is this: I believe I've read that Pentax is going to release it's new flagship camera at an exhibit this month.
I just wonder if the k-70 will be replaced too. My concerns are if I'm buying at the right time to get the best price.
I guess it's all speculation as to answering my concern(s).

p.s. Does it come with a camera strap.

Last edited by Michael Piziak; 02-15-2021 at 06:28 PM.
02-15-2021, 06:39 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My only hesitation is this: I believe I've read that Pentax is going to release it's new flagship camera at an exhibit this month.
I just wonder if the k-70 will be replaced too. My concerns are if I'm buying at the right time to get the best price.

Yes, you do get a strap.

As for the K-70, it'll probably be replaced, but not until after the K-3 III is out. Given that it's already at the lowest retail price, I wouldn't bother waiting.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-15-2021, 06:41 PM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The K-70 has been around for a while now so who knows how long it will remain as a current model. The K-3iii is about to be released (well, it's been shown, but not for sale yet) and the KP has been around for a while too.
I suspect all eyes will be on the K-3iii once available to buy and there's no telling what that will mean for pricing or availability of the K-70 and KP.

So far as I can tell, every new Pentax DSLR has, in the box, one battery, one battery charger and one neck strap. Also included, usually, is an eyepiece cover as well as a body cap.
02-15-2021, 06:44 PM   #6
Pentaxian

It is basically a standard that the Pentax camera body only kit include the battery, charger (and cords), and a strap. For instance my K-1 II was a body only kit and it included those type of things as other previous Pentax body only kits did that I bought. It also comes with a cover for the flash shoe (on top of camera) which will slide in and out of that area (the shoe). You would want to make sure you hold on to that.

As for me, I have not seen or heard of any new camera other than the K-3 III becoming available soon. If you are interested in the K-3 III you have the option of waiting, otherwise if you decide on the K-70, I doubt if the price will variate much in the near future.

Per the K-70, note that what is below is what is listed at B and H for the body only kit "in the box" (same price as Amazon). Looks like a memory card and shoulder bag may be included also with that B and H kit in case you are interested.

In the Box
Pentax K-70 DSLR Camera (Body Only, Black)
Pentax Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery D-Li109 for The KR Digital SLR Camera
Pentax D-BC109 Battery Charger
Pentax AC Cord for K7 Digital SLR Camera
Pentax S-SW168 Software
Pentax O-ST132 Strap for Pentax K-5 II DSLR
Pentax Eyecup FR for K-7 and K-5 Cameras
Pentax Hotshoe Cover FK
Pentax SLR Body Mount Cover
Limited 1-Year Warranty

Below is shortcut to B and H listing for "Pentax K-70 DSLR Camera Body with Accessory Kit (Black)"

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1398115-REG/pentax_k_70_dslr_camera_b...iABEgJ72PD_BwE

Last edited by C_Jones; 02-15-2021 at 07:08 PM.
02-15-2021, 07:10 PM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by C_Jones Quote
As for me, I have not seen or heard of any new camera other than the K-3 III becoming available soon.
There is something that has been referred to as the New Knew, a lower market APS-C model rumored to be coming based on an unsubstantiated tip given to the editors of the Pentax Rumors site. You can peruse thoughts on the matter at the thread linked below:

New K-New? Who Knew? - PentaxForums.com

The rumor has created a fair degree of angst among potential KP and K-70 purchasers.

Steve

02-15-2021, 07:24 PM - 2 Likes   #8
Closed Account

Original Poster
Well, I pulled the trigger and bought it. I clicked through this site to get it at Amazon.
Now, to put my k-r up for sale on the auction site.
02-15-2021, 08:11 PM   #9
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, I pulled the trigger and bought it. I clicked through this site to get it at Amazon.

why wouldn't you sell it here?
02-15-2021, 08:38 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Congratulations! I love mine.
02-16-2021, 06:03 AM   #11
Closed Account

Original Poster
Curious, what is this - some sort of access panel?

---------- Post added 02-16-21 at 06:04 AM ----------

Attached Images

02-16-2021, 07:39 AM   #12
Pentaxian

^ Thumb grip.
02-16-2021, 08:08 AM   #13

You can get all your questions answered here: http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/support/man-pdf/k-70.pdf

Page 2 is what's included, Page 9 & 10 explains all the bits.
02-16-2021, 11:35 AM   #14

Photos: Albums
Adorama current deal body only k-70
Pentax K-70 DSLR Body with Pro Kit, Black $647
02-16-2021, 03:38 PM   #15
Pentaxian

EVERY Pentax body, including the body-only K-70, I've bought from SRS Microsystems came with a charger in the box.