Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-23-2021, 09:50 AM   #16
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Papa_Joe Quote
I'am sorry to ask, but I can not reproduce the issue on my K-70. Using the Liveview with my K-70 and a M-Lens gives me a liveview according to the ambient light. Is this an issue of the Laowa/IRIX lenses?
The problem is the exposure emulation where the live view brightness reflects the set EV and/or exposure compensation. If intentionally setting the camera to underexpose (say f/13 at 1/160s in room light), the live view screen will dim to something similar to what you would get. This only happens when a lens is mounted where the body is controlling the aperture. With other lenses, the screen stays bright.

This behavior is a recurring source of frustration for people using flash with macro when using lenses without aperture rings and is one reason why the D FA 100/2.8 WR Macro may not be a good choice for some users.

Steve

02-23-2021, 10:07 AM   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by taktoon Quote
Still is a bit sad Ricoh didn't solve this simple issue as the link thread is 5 years old now - one extra check box in menu is still needed.
You are correct that this behavior is something that is probably easily addressed with a firmware update and you are welcome to bring the matter to their attention. It is a shame that your use case was not identified when the exposure emulation behavior was first implemented (K-30 in 2012?) and double the shame that an override has not been provided since.

Ricoh/Pentax does not monitor this or other online forums, though there is a subforum for feature suggestions/fixes that is referenced by PF management when they have the rare communication with Ricoh. A fresh thread there might be worth the trouble as might a letter to Ricoh support detailing the steps to replicate.

Product Suggestions and Feedback - PentaxForums.com

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 02-23-2021 at 10:19 AM.
03-02-2021, 12:24 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thank you takoon and Steve for the explanation!