Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
05-01-2021, 10:51 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Using Phone App to control remote shooting of K70

Has anyone tried this?

The Ricoh website says there is an app called GR Remote, which states:

"GR Remote is an exclusive GR II application that enables you to use the communication device to perform camera shooting and photo display and specify various camera settings."

Seems like this is what I'm looking for, but can't find it in the Apple store.

Any suggestions???

05-01-2021, 11:06 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You'll need to get the Image Sync app. Here's a quick overview of what it can do:

Pentax K-S2 Review - Wi-Fi Features | PentaxForums.com Reviews

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-01-2021, 04:51 PM   #3
Veteran Member

As said above you want the ImageSync app.
05-01-2021, 05:59 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I tried ImageSync and wasn't impressed. I just stick to my wired remote.

05-01-2021, 10:06 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
That was my next question!

QuoteOriginally posted by DWS1 Quote
I tried ImageSync and wasn't impressed. I just stick to my wired remote.
05-01-2021, 10:11 PM - 1 Like   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Image Sync has gotten better, especially now that the most recent version allows you to shoot with your phone in landscape orientation. Unlike a wired remote, you can control camera settings from your phone via Image Sync. For the K-70, it is still painfully slow to transmit images, but for shooting, it’s quite useful. One of the reasons I don’t care that my new K-3 iii doesn’t have a flippy screen is that I almost never used the one on my K-70 and instead would use Image Sync to control and take shots when the camera was in an awkward position.
05-01-2021, 11:27 PM - 1 Like   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have also used Imagesync with my KP - useful for when I want to be in the pic with group shots of family or friends, but too far away for the shutter cable release. Place camera on tripod, picnic table or tree stump, frame, get with the group, and shoot.

05-02-2021, 04:33 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Image Sync app works great for me too with my K-70. Have done it many times. It’s simple but you’d better be careful with your settings on the camera first.
05-02-2021, 06:11 AM - 1 Like   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I use image Sync frequently. Even with the articulating K-1ii screen I use my phone for focusing and capture. Great for very low flower shots on small tripods.