Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
05-17-2021, 03:57 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Exchanging for the replacement seems like the most logical idea if you want to take a type of action. Then you can check the replacement for a shutter actuation count if you would like to.

05-17-2021, 05:56 PM   #17
Forum Member

The manufacturing date is the 25thJanuary 2021 so it could not have been a demo unit as the stores will not have been open.

Allowing delivery time from Japan it would not have been in the UK until March.

It can only either be new or a return from another customer. Personally, I would be inclined to keep it as I suspect a lot of kit in circulation might be classed as returns as during covid there was no way for customers to see cameras before purchase . I think a lot of things from clothing to technology was sent out and back by suppliers/ customers.

If you are happy with it and it's unmarked then there will be little difference between it and the next.
05-17-2021, 05:58 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bought a K70 from B & H, no sealed box.
06-01-2021, 10:36 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by moonbucket1 Quote
I've emailed them and got a response of either a refund or exchange. Not sure if they don't routinely sell demo units and instead just sneakily repackage them, or whether they think I'm a chancer.

So, I've said in my reply unless they want to offer an open-box style incentive, if they will replace the body by delivery courier who can pick up the return at the same time as delivery. Even that level of trust might be beyond them, but we will see.

Cheers for all the help again, friendly forum this.
How did it turn out?

Very important to write about it here.

Also for Jessops and particular their customers.

A new camera always arrives with zero shuttercount

They should have offered you a discount on the "slighly used Pentax".

06-02-2021, 06:08 AM   #20

Original Poster
Yeah apols, forgot to update.

When I contacted Jessops by email, they said they were "sorry to hear about that" (ie the non-apology) and offered: "I can either offer a return for a refund or an exchange for a new one".

I politely suggested, in reply, that they might wish to consider an open box incentive to save the hassle of returning the body for exchange and didn't get a reply. Then had to prompt them 2 days later for a response - to which they said: "this isn't something we would be able to offer I'm afraid".

I kept it in the end as the hassle wasn't worth it, I'd tested the camera to assure myself it was OK.

I think it's fair to say I won't use them again - a token incentive on their part might not have cost them much more than the courier fee to send out another body (and I'd have insisted on a pre-paid return so that cost as well) - and would have garnered them some decent brownie points.

Of course, other people's experience with this retailer may vary, but that's my experience, left me feeling like I was the chancer, here.
06-02-2021, 10:55 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very bad behaviour!