Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
03-01-2022, 12:38 AM   #1
Forum Member

About dead pixels mapping...

Hey, guys!

Last weekend I was browsing my K-70 menus to get a better knowledge of it and I discovered that Pentax offers a dead pixels mapping test, which I do appreciate a lot. So, just by curiosity I ran the test, everything seemed to work fine, it lasted about 30 seconds but the camera returned me no results. My question is: do you get results only if you have indeed dead pixels or does the camera apply automatically corrective measures without identifying dead units? There is surely an oldtimer here who knows the answer and on my side I found no precise information about it in the manual, reason why I turn to you in order to satisfy my curiosity.

Thanks in advance again for your precious help, hype.

03-01-2022, 03:21 AM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There are no "results" (report) in the pixel mapping procedure.

The camera simply search, fix and then return to the menu. Done!
03-01-2022, 03:24 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Ah! O.K. thanks a lot, Stef! :-)