Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-31-2022, 09:10 AM   #1

Help connecting my K-70 to StellarMate

Hello, sorry if I selected the wrong forum for this post, but I need help with my Pentax k-70 and StellarMate.

Yesterday I purchased and installed StellarMate on the Raspberry Pi 4 (4gb), I went through the configuration with my mount and all, and everything works flawlessly, however, my Pentax K-70 is another story unfortunately, I closely followed the indication to install everything, however, every time I connect the camera through the USB cable the camera turns off, like if for some reason it looses power when connected to stellarmate.

I have tried in PTP and MSC, also tried all the USB cables I could find in the house, tried the 64-bit and the 32-bit stellarmate versions, and also tried native and legacy drivers, as well as all the USB ports in the raspberry pi.

I don't know if I am missing something, I am not familiar with coding, Linux, or anything of the sort so I barely understand the forums at all. I don't know if there is a specific cable I need to buy to connect the camera, or if there is a specific setting that I need to have within the camera itself?

I really hope someone that has gone through something similar can help me or point me in the right direction, all my equipment is new and I would love for it to work out.

Thanks for all the help you can give me.

05-31-2022, 09:52 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Your best bet is to contact Stellarmate directly. This is a somewhat custom system based on Raspberry Pi control and proprietary software, hence unless someone is familiar with it, there won't be that much help here. The control over your K-70 flows via USB (as opposed to simple shutter release control) so it's hard to determine what's going on there without a good knowledge of the USB interface. Stellarmate should have technical help for their product and would be the primary source of help (unless, of course, one of the Pentaxians out there is a Stellarmate user and is familiar with the system).

https://optcorp.com/pages/contact-us
05-31-2022, 09:52 AM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You might also try in the astrophotography social group.
05-31-2022, 12:09 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
You might also try in the astrophotography social group.
I was also going to suggest posting over in the astro group. I believe there are a few shooters there that are using it however I am not one so I can't help beyond that. We tend to be a friendly lot and in general are willing to help almost until it hurts with more info than you ever would want to know.

05-31-2022, 06:05 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thank you, i appreciate the help!