Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 19 Likes Search this Thread
11-30-2017, 04:20 PM   #61
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rad291 Quote
I am unable to open the pdf K-1 file. Please see the attached picture of the message which says that the file format is invalid. I have the current version of of Adobe PDF Reader available from Google Play and was able to read the sample of the K-1 file.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Don
Perhaps there's a technical error currently affecting the downloads. Will investigate and let you guys know.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-30-2017, 07:35 PM   #62
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Dannybourne Quote
K3 errors with invalid format
QuoteOriginally posted by rad291 Quote
I am unable to open the pdf K-1 file. Please see the attached picture of the message which says that the file format is invalid. I have the current version of of Adobe PDF Reader available from Google Play and was able to read the sample of the K-1 file.
I've done a bit of investigating and it seems the files are fine. If you're getting a format error, try re-downloading again, but instead of clicking on the link, long press it and select "download". Then it should work just fine

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-01-2017, 07:34 AM   #63
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Perhaps there's a technical error currently affecting the downloads. Will investigate and let you guys know.
Hi, Adam,
It is working now. Thanks.
04-07-2018, 12:59 PM   #64

Hi I am a new member, who as just joined the forum, I have several old Pentax film cameras, including a LX, I have been digital for several years, using Canon gear, pro eos 1d mk2 n camera and also several L type lenses , but because of the tremendous prices that Canon charge, I have decided to buy the new Pentax K1mk2 camera, I have been trying without success to purchase through the forum the down loadable book on the K1 SERIES2 EBOOK, can any one guide me as how to go about this, regards John.

04-07-2018, 02:41 PM   #65
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by tunehall Quote
Hi I am a new member, who as just joined the forum, I have several old Pentax film cameras, including a LX, I have been digital for several years, using Canon gear, pro eos 1d mk2 n camera and also several L type lenses , but because of the tremendous prices that Canon charge, I have decided to buy the new Pentax K1mk2 camera, I have been trying without success to purchase through the forum the down loadable book on the K1 SERIES2 EBOOK, can any one guide me as how to go about this, regards John.
Here are the steps:
1. Click on this link: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/donations/?loginrequired=1&ebooks=1
2. Select $14.25 in the dropdown next to the K-1 ebook, then click continue
3. Select either paypal or 2Checkout (credit card) as your payment method and click the corresponding button to check out.
4. Complete payment through the payment site. Your eBook link will be PMed to you.

Congratulations on getting the K-1 II!

Adam

09-03-2018, 04:42 PM   #66
Administrator
Site Webmaster

All eBooks are 20% off this week!

Adam

09-17-2018, 08:27 AM   #67
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ebooks4pentax Quote
My Pentax eBooks are now available directly on PF, along with a discount compared to regular pricing! Books are only $13.99 / $18.99 (K-1) for forum members.

Pentax eBooks can be purchased here

Once you've ordered the corresponding eBook, you'll have immediate access to download using the links below:
If you have any questions about the guidance I provide, or would like to offer suggestions, feel free to post in this forum.
I paid the $13.99 for the K-3 e-book via PayPal, but am not able to download the book. How do I do it?

Thank you for your help.

---------- Post added 09-17-18 at 08:31 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by loyalt Quote
I paid the $13.99 for the K-3 e-book via PayPal, but am not able to download the book. How do I do it?

Thank you for your help.
It seems to be working now...must have been the delay from PayPal. Thank you!

12-13-2018, 02:46 PM   #68
LSR

On page 270 of the K5 book, there is a link to some auto focus charts. It seems the link does not work.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before.
12-13-2018, 04:11 PM   #69
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It took a few minutes but I now have my K-3/II E book in my IPad IBooks. Perfect for many of my photo spots with no wi fi around.
12-15-2018, 05:40 PM   #70

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ebooks4pentax Quote
My Pentax eBooks are now available directly on PF, along with a discount compared to regular pricing! Books are only $13.99 / $18.99 (K-1) for forum members.

Pentax eBooks can be purchased here

Once you've ordered the corresponding eBook, you'll have immediate access to download using the links below:
If you have any questions about the guidance I provide, or would like to offer suggestions, feel free to post in this forum.
Hi Adam
I just purchased the ebook for the K1.
I noticed that there was a message from you in Chrome, but when i went to read it, it said there was some pop up blocker activated.
I did deactivate it, but now I cannot find the message. Do you mind resending the message, as I assume it contains instructions for the download
12-15-2018, 06:01 PM   #71
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by peggers Quote
Hi Adam
I noticed that there was a message from you in Chrome, but when i went to read it, it said there was some pop up blocker activated.
I did deactivate it, but now I cannot find the message. Do you mind resending the message, as I assume it contains instructions for the download
Thank you Adam, you have a thankless job trying to explain how to download this....... I myself had no issues except how to get it into my Mac (IPad) Ibooks, which I did figure out!
12-15-2018, 06:59 PM   #72

Hi Adam
All good Adam
I have it now
12-16-2018, 01:19 AM - 1 Like   #73
Administrator
Site Webmaster

All good Adam
I have it now
Yup, the message should remain in your PM inbox indefinitely. The download link in this thread should also work. Hope you enjoy!

Adam

12-16-2018, 06:19 AM - 2 Likes   #74
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I've been rereading some of mine lately and just thinking how lucky we are on Pentax Forum to have Yvon Bourque. His books are consistently helpful and colorful. Always a pleasure to read.
12-16-2018, 02:54 PM   #75

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
I've been rereading some of mine lately and just thinking how lucky we are on Pentax Forum to have Yvon Bourque. His books are consistently helpful and colorful. Always a pleasure to read.
Yes. The part I have read so far has been great. Looking forward to a good holiday read!