Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-10-2019, 04:23 AM   #76

Photos: Gallery
Hi I paid for K1 via PayPal yesterday but when trying download ebook I'm getting this message "Dear peraspera, you do not have permission to access this page or feature.
". Also no PM on my forum box. Thanks.

01-10-2019, 09:07 AM   #77
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by peraspera Quote
Hi I paid for K1 via PayPal yesterday but when trying download ebook I'm getting this message "Dear peraspera, you do not have permission to access this page or feature.
". Also no PM on my forum box. Thanks.
Please PM me your transaction ID. For whatever reason, it looks like it was not associated with your account automatically. Thank you!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-13-2019, 05:42 PM - 1 Like   #78

I just purchased the K3/K3II e-book after donation.
All went smooth.
I now have it to read.
Looking forward to that.

Greetings from Denmark.
09-03-2019, 12:10 AM   #79
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I'm happy to announce that legacy Pentax eBooks, for the K-7, K20D, K-x and K100D, are now available for purchase through the forum.

The bundle of four books is priced at $10.00.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-18-2019, 07:31 AM   #80

QuoteOriginally posted by ebooks4pentax Quote
My Pentax eBooks are now available directly on PF, along with a discount compared to regular pricing! Books are only $13.99 / $18.99 (K-1) for forum members.

Pentax eBooks can be purchased here

Once you've ordered the corresponding eBook, you'll have immediate access to download using the links below:
If you have any questions about the guidance I provide, or would like to offer suggestions, feel free to post in this forum.
I just purchased 2 e-books (K-x and K-30) with PayPal, and saved the downloads without first opening them, on my desktop, right after purchasing them. However, when I click on their icons to view them, a pop-up asks to enter a password (!?). I don't recall entering any password before this purchase, and have tried and exhausted all the passwords I have used, including the one to log onto Pentax Forums. So I now have two unviewable e-books on my desktop. Suggestions??
09-18-2019, 07:35 AM   #81
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by PENTAPSC Quote
I just purchased 2 e-books (K-x and K-30) with PayPal, and saved the downloads without first opening them, on my desktop, right after purchasing them. However, when I click on their icons to view them, a pop-up asks to enter a password (!?). I don't recall entering any password before this purchase, and have tried and exhausted all the passwords I have used, including the one to log onto Pentax Forums. So I now have two unviewable e-books on my desktop. Suggestions??
I haven't bought one of these books but were you sent a password by email.

09-18-2019, 07:58 AM   #82

QuoteOriginally posted by slartibartfast01 Quote
I haven't bought one of these books but were you sent a password by email.
Just got the password from Yvon … thanks!!

Last edited by PENTAPSC; 09-18-2019 at 08:38 AM.
09-18-2019, 04:37 PM   #83
Administrator
Site Webmaster

The passwords for the K-x ebook are posted in the sticky with the download link. There should be no password for the K-30.

Adam

09-18-2019, 05:37 PM   #84
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by PENTAPSC Quote
Just got the password from Yvon … thanks!!
Did you order off-site? I'm not seeing any eBooks associated with your account.

Adam

10-30-2019, 05:31 AM   #85

QuoteOriginally posted by ebooks4pentax Quote
My Pentax eBooks are now available directly on PF, along with a discount compared to regular pricing! Books are only $13.99 / $18.99 (K-1) for forum members.

Pentax eBooks can be purchased here

Once you've ordered the corresponding eBook, you'll have immediate access to download using the links below:
If you have any questions about the guidance I provide, or would like to offer suggestions, feel free to post in this forum.
Any decent books covering the K2?
10-30-2019, 09:50 AM   #86
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Right now there are only ebooks for digital bodies. However, covering film wouldn't be a bad idea IMO!

@ebooks4pentax

Adam

11-28-2019, 05:10 PM   #87
Total n00b Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

I didn't realize how recently the K-7 (and other "legacy" ebooks) ebook has been available on the site. Just picked up my copy today. From reading some other comments about his books, I'm looking forward to it. No book on the Q series it seems though which is most likely my next body purchase until I can justify something like a K-3.
12-02-2019, 11:49 AM   #88

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
$10.99 is the discounted price ($13.99 regular). The sale will continue until the end of the day Friday, at which point prices will automatically return to normal.

The ebook purchase options are found at the bottom of the donations page:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/donations/?act=ebook&loginrequired=1#sub18

Once you've completed payment, you'll be able to access your download using the link in this thread.
Adam
Sorry but there's no 'Purchase' option available at the foot of that page. All I see is something about entering someone's name to get info from B+H - or something like that. Other than that, all I see are the options to donate. Why not just put a purchase link against each camera type like you have with the download link?
12-02-2019, 11:53 AM   #89
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowflyer48 Quote
Adam
Sorry but there's no 'Purchase' option available at the foot of that page. All I see is something about entering someone's name to get info from B+H - or something like that. Other than that, all I see are the options to donate. Why not just put a purchase link against each camera type like you have with the download link?
Do you not see the purchase options as shown below? They should all be on the page that you just visited.
Attached Images

Adam

12-02-2019, 12:01 PM   #90

I see the list of books and the link to download after purchase but the 'Amount' field is blank although it does show a donation figure of $7.50 when I hit the 'Continue' button. Given that the discounted price is more than $10 does this mean that I have to donate before I can purchase the book?