Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-02-2019, 12:04 PM   #91
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowflyer48 Quote
does this mean that I have to donate before I can purchase the book?
No. Simply select the amount shown ($10 and $7.50 are the discounted sale prices), then click continue to purchase the eBook.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-02-2019, 12:11 PM - 1 Like   #92

Hi Adam
Cheers for that. Selected $7.50 and it all worked fine and it's now downloaded. What's confusing is that it looks as though the 'payment' selection is in the 'donation' part of the page. Anyway, all sorted
Thanks for your help.
01-29-2020, 12:04 PM - 1 Like   #93
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Loved your K-S2 book...

Hi
Loved and have used extensively your r Pentax K-S2 book. Now I have purchased a Pentax 645 Nii and would love it you had a book about the 645. your insights and thorough explanations in the K-S2 were far better than the ones provided by Pentax. I have been a Pentax users all the way back to the ME super ( I still use it and the super program).

Thanks

Herb Green
11-26-2020, 12:40 PM   #94
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What is meant by this statement, "The duration of your upgraded account is shown in the dropdown menu." I am looking at the e-book for K70 and when I click on the drop down menu the options are the price and "Lifetime" (word is in bold type). I am looking at the e-book for the K70. Also, are the prices for today and Black Friday only or are they the usual/everyday price?

11-26-2020, 02:08 PM   #95
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Photos-by-Chas Quote
What is meant by this statement, "The duration of your upgraded account is shown in the dropdown menu." I am looking at the e-book for K70 and when I click on the drop down menu the options are the price and "Lifetime" (word is in bold type). I am looking at the e-book for the K70. Also, are the prices for today and Black Friday only or are they the usual/everyday price?
This just means that there is no time limit on your access to the ebook files. The individual books currently don't have discounts, but we do have our black Friday account upgrade special which includes a free book each year:

PF Black Friday Loyal Site Supporter Upgrade Special - 2020 - PentaxForums.com

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-26-2020, 04:47 PM   #96
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
This just means that there is no time limit on your access to the ebook files. The individual books currently don't have discounts, but we do have our black Friday account upgrade special which includes a free book each year:

PF Black Friday Loyal Site Supporter Upgrade Special - 2020 - PentaxForums.com
Thank you for the answer to my inquiry. I will consider the account upgrade special, looks like a pretty good deal.
12-09-2020, 04:53 AM   #97
Forum Member

Page count KP ebook nonconsistent

Although my camera is digital, I do use manual lenses mainly. So do I like to read the eBook on paper.

After printing all pages I found that the page count isn't consistent. For some reason page 108 is missing, or it's just a skip in count.

Then another editorial comment concerning the number of SD-card slots on a Pentax KP body. There's only one on mine and I don't have the any indication my KP is any other then the rest. So the note on page 115 can be ignored, imho.

QuoteQuote:
The KP can record RAW and JPEG at the same time. RAW can be save on the card in slot 1 and JPEG on the card in slot 2. That changes everything although itdoes take a lot of space on your memory cards.

12-09-2020, 05:05 AM   #98
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by NickLapin Quote
Although my camera is digital, I do use manual lenses mainly. So do I like to read the eBook on paper.

<snip>
I do find this statement to be something of a non sequitur - if tou want something to which you can refer 'in the field', why not copy the eBook to the SD card in your phone ? This saves paper, and helps marginally to lower your carbon footprint.
12-09-2020, 05:17 AM   #99
Forum Member

[off topic][/offtopic]

QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilmfan Quote
This saves paper, and helps marginally to lower your carbon footprint.
Hey... It's an eBook. So I did save on diesel or kerosin-costs as it was sent to me digitally, instead of ordering a paper book shipped by post.
12-22-2020, 08:07 AM   #100
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ebooks4pentax Quote
My Pentax eBooks are now available directly on PF, along with a discount compared to regular pricing! Books are only $13.99 / $18.99 (K-1) for forum members.

Pentax eBooks can be purchased here

Once you've ordered the corresponding eBook, you'll have immediate access to download using the links below:
If you have any questions about the guidance I provide, or would like to offer suggestions, feel free to post in this forum.
Purchased via PayPal but download page freezes. Help!
12-22-2020, 08:24 AM   #101
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by NickLapin Quote
[off topic][/offtopic]

Hey... It's an eBook. So I did save on diesel or kerosin-costs as it was sent to me digitally, instead of ordering a paper book shipped by post.
Yes, it is an e-book, but I downloaded and saved mine to both my desktop and laptop. Then I also printed out a hard copy to put into a binder so I can refer to it when I do not have a computer available.
12-22-2020, 10:46 AM   #102
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
Purchased via PayPal but download page freezes. Help!
I see you should already have access. If the link doesn't work I would recommend trying another device.

If that still doesn't work, please shoot me a PM.

Adam

06-02-2021, 01:58 AM   #103
Forum Member

Pentax K3-iii

I know it's new. Any idea when this book will be available???
06-02-2021, 01:06 PM - 1 Like   #104
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by jaq1967 Quote
I know it's new. Any idea when this book will be available???
No ETA at this time, but it will follow our in-depth review which will be coming in the next few months.

Adam

07-18-2021, 04:48 PM   #105

Photos: Gallery
K3 Ebook

I just purchased the K3 Ebook from All Products, however I have not been able to download the book.