Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-29-2017, 10:15 AM   #1

Manual aperture

Help me on the fa 50mm macro 2.8 lens on my K1, I set camera setting for aperture ring, as it is manual, but the camera dosen't know what manual setting u have it on so how can it adjust shutterspeed and iso if you are not using Manual mode and making adjustments but it will auto focus, im confused and still very green, but it shows F-__ on every f stop change. I'm I making any sense.

07-29-2017, 10:20 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by clking61 Quote
Help me on the fa 50mm macro 2.8 lens on my K1, I set camera setting for aperture ring, as it is manual, but the camera dosen't know what manual setting u have it on so how can it adjust shutterspeed and iso if you are not using Manual mode and making adjustments but it will auto focus, im confused and still very green, but it shows F-__ on every f stop change. I'm I making any sense.
Set the aperture ring to "A" and all of your problems will go away

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-29-2017, 10:22 AM   #3

Original Poster
So the A on the ring itself, seems the ring stops at fe32, want go to A or is it the same..sorry im very green

07-29-2017, 10:23 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm confused, is the FA 50mm F2.8 not a lens you can use in "A" mode in any other program than manual and set aperture etc on the wheels?

---------- Post added 07-29-17 at 10:26 AM ----------

So the A on the ring itself, seems the ring stops at fe32, want go to A or is it the same..sorry im very green

Pressing the button when turning the aperture ring should allow the lens to go into A.

07-29-2017, 10:27 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Skodadriver Quote
I'm confused, is the FA 50mm F2.8 not a lens you can use in "A" mode in any other program than manual and set aperture etc on the wheels?
I don't know but is has the "A" f32 f22 etc but I the ring seems to stop at f/32.

---------- Post added 07-29-17 at 01:30 PM ----------

---------- Post added 07-29-17 at 10:26 AM ----------

Pressing the button when turning the aperture ring should allow the lens to go into A.
Ah ha, thanks so much as I did not know that it was button that you could push as I purchased this lens second hand and never realized that, as much as I shot on my K10D, WOW I'm pretty sumb.
07-29-2017, 11:09 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't know but is has the "A" f32 f22 etc but I the ring seems to stop at f/32.

---------- Post added 07-29-17 at 01:30 PM ----------

Ah ha, thanks so much as I did not know that it was button that you could push as I purchased this lens second hand and never realized that, as much as I shot on my K10D, WOW I'm pretty sumb.
You are very welcome, on the basis of the reviews here that I have read, you have a great lens there.
You may already know this but on some Pentax lenses (more so the Pentax-A series lenses) the aperture ring can be a little fragile. I have no idea if that extends to the FA series but I tend to leave my lenses in the A setting as there is no real reason to select a specific aperture on the lens on a Pentax DSLR.
Enjoy.
07-29-2017, 11:13 AM   #7

Original Poster
You are very welcome, on the basis of the reviews here that I have read, you have a great lens there.
You may already know this but on some Pentax lenses (more so the Pentax-A series lenses) the aperture ring can be a little fragile. I have no idea if that extends to the FA series but I tend to leave my lenses in the A setting as there is no real reason to select a specific aperture on the lens on a Pentax DSLR.
Enjoy.
Thank u for the info, i know it has exceptional contrast and color, i am looking at either the 15 limited or 21 limited, or Samyang 14mm for landscape and astro, but i keep seeing sam14mm having decentering problems and really love the pics I've see from the limited so f4.0 is too slow to shoot milky way ?