Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-19-2018, 04:06 PM   #1

Error message when trying to purchase/download an eBook.

Maybe it's because I am new with 1 or 2 posts but when I click on the Pentax eBooks link, under Camera Help Central where that first link is in regards to Troubleshooting and Beginner Help, I then click on the Sticky Pentax eBooks Downloads - Now on PF, and I scroll down to the Pentax K-50 eBook.pdf link, I get this message:

Dear Blackink, you do not have permission to access this page or feature.

This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. You are trying to post an item for sale in the Marketplace, and do not meet the conditions to do so. Click here to donate and gain access! You must either be a Pentaxian or Site Supporter to use the Marketplace.
  2. If you just registered, your account may still be awaiting e-mail confirmation; you may not post until you click the activation link e-mailed to you following registration.
  3. You are trying to make a post in a locked thread or administrative forum.
  4. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  5. You may be trying to post in a locked thread or a thread that only accepts replies from the original poster.
  6. If using the Marketplace feedback system, are you accidentally trying to leave feedback for yourself?
  7. If posting in a social group, you may need to join the group first before being able to post. The join link is found at the bottom of the group homepage.
I don't believe I'm in the Marketplace, as the error message states, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, if anything.

Can someone elaborate as to what my problem might be??

The link/eBook I'm trying to gain access to, is in the Camera Help Central section, not The Photographer's Marketplace section which is right above the Camera Help Central section.

Thanks,
Steve in Central Vermont

05-19-2018, 04:29 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Blackink Quote
Maybe it's because I am new with 1 or 2 posts but when I click on the Pentax eBooks link, under Camera Help Central where that first link is in regards to Troubleshooting and Beginner Help, I then click on the Sticky Pentax eBooks Downloads - Now on PF, and I scroll down to the Pentax K-50 eBook.pdf link, I get this message:

Dear Blackink, you do not have permission to access this page or feature.

This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. You are trying to post an item for sale in the Marketplace, and do not meet the conditions to do so. Click here to donate and gain access! You must either be a Pentaxian or Site Supporter to use the Marketplace.
  2. If you just registered, your account may still be awaiting e-mail confirmation; you may not post until you click the activation link e-mailed to you following registration.
  3. You are trying to make a post in a locked thread or administrative forum.
  4. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  5. You may be trying to post in a locked thread or a thread that only accepts replies from the original poster.
  6. If using the Marketplace feedback system, are you accidentally trying to leave feedback for yourself?
  7. If posting in a social group, you may need to join the group first before being able to post. The join link is found at the bottom of the group homepage.
I don't believe I'm in the Marketplace, as the error message states, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, if anything.

Can someone elaborate as to what my problem might be??

The link/eBook I'm trying to gain access to, is in the Camera Help Central section, not The Photographer's Marketplace section which is right above the Camera Help Central section.

Thanks,
Steve in Central Vermont
Hi Steve,

You can purchase eBooks here:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/donations/?ebooks=1&loginrequired=1

Then, a download link will be PMed directly to you, and you should also be able to access the page that gave you the error message.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: