Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-26-2018, 06:03 PM - 1 Like   #1

Just finished reading through the K-50 eBook...

And let me tell you it was a bit difficult for this old newbie that is new to DSLR camera's!!

Yikes! I've got one heck of a learning curve ahead of me!

This camera has more adjustments and settings than carter has liver pills! Whew!!!!!

I did find it quite informative though and I'll use it as a reference as I proceed in using this new acquired camera. More than likely, I'll end up reading through it again before too long.

I enjoyed it though....

Steve in Central Vermont

05-26-2018, 10:30 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes there is a bit too it for sure.

The good news is that the photography fundamentals (including shutter speed, aperture, composition) has stayed the same as for film cameras. On Pentax cameras you can just use the "P" mode and select shutter speed by turning one wheel or aperture by turning the other, and the let the camera figure out the exposure.

Have fun!
05-27-2018, 02:53 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Just start in Av mode and use the camera the way you would a film camera. The biggest difference is that you won't have to open the back of the camera to change film if you want to change your iso. Also, digital is less forgiving of blown highlights than a little under exposure.

The nice thing about digital is that it isn't expensive to make mistakes, so experimentation is encouraged.

Welcome to the Forum!