Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 99 Likes Search this Thread
01-05-2009, 09:10 AM   #181
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
For AF-C mode, please add a "focus priority" option (yes, this can be done in firmware and should be fairly easy). It currently is "release priority" only. Other camera systems w/ AF-C allow you to choose this ability...

01-08-2009, 08:46 AM   #182
Veteran Member

Auto-ISO should let you select ISO1100 on the K20D. ISO1600 is a bit too noisy.
Do this by setting a custom limit in the menu. Then on the display, put this custom value in as a tick mark you can land on when scrolling the Auto ISO selector:
1100 (custom)
01-09-2009, 09:56 PM   #183
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Back in the world of the reasonable:

Did I mention supplying proper body and lens caps with your fine products, such as I bought over a month ago? Some I ordered from ...India, apparently, finally arrived. Hurrah! Now I can carry these newfangled... interchangeable lenses... In this whizbang neato gadget I found called a... Camera bag!

Seriously. Caps. Bayonet on like a lens or body... Tend to stay there till you remove them. Doesn't have to be as secure as competing products like from, say, whoever makes Coke bottles and Advil bottle caps, but, I'm sure R&D can handle it.
01-09-2009, 10:21 PM   #184
Veteran Member

Oh, yeah. Also, dear Pentax.

A little less teasing.

Yer fanbase here is getting a bit more squirrelly than you'd probably like.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 01-13-2009 at 08:56 AM.
01-11-2009, 03:46 PM   #185
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Removable pentaprism

A quick search of this thread didn't reveal this suggestion having been made here, so I'll suggest it: a removable pentaprism for waist-level (chest-level, or whatever) shooting.

I briefly had a Miranda, years ago (did they sell as well because of the topless female in their ads, or not?) and discovered the joys of direct screen viewing. A lower viewpoint's easier on the knees with this feature, too.

The LX had eight (!) viewfinder options, I believe...
01-11-2009, 05:20 PM   #186
Veteran Member

"catch in focus" should work with any lens when you throw the body into manual focus mode (the last M position of the AF-S/AF-C dial). Why does it need the lens to be in Manual mode *and* only work with FA/DA lenses (that have that auto/manual focus switch) as well?
Again, another quick firmware change unless there was some hardware reason for this :-P
01-11-2009, 05:30 PM   #187
Site Supporter

Its interesting that Pentax has a Firmware update menu that lists the K20D and the K-M (K2000) but not the K200d. The K200d is not in the historic bodies menu either. Does this mean Pentax doesn't plan to keep the K200d updated?

Customer Support - Official PENTAX Imaging Web Site

01-11-2009, 06:38 PM   #188
Veteran Member

Another request possible in firmware:
- allow users to specify an AF range limit so it doesn't have to spin back and forth to the lens limits looking for focus
The only ugly part is how to tell users that this is enabled so they don't scratch their heads and wonder why it's no longer focusing when the target is out of range :-)
01-12-2009, 09:24 AM   #189
Veteran Member

This is actually from an Amazon review, but I've wanted to do this as well when trying to shoot moving subjects. When using Auto ISO, allow you to specify a minimum shutter speed as a secondary preference. E.g., if a shot is possible at ISO100-400, but shutter speeds are from 1/15 to 1/60, setting a shutter speed minimum of 1/60 will cause it to use ISO400. If there's not enough light for 1/60th even at ISO400, just use the ISO400 and whatever shutter speed you can use (1/15, 1/30, etc.)...
01-12-2009, 12:43 PM   #190

... I want the FA's back *seigh*
01-13-2009, 12:48 AM   #191
Pentaxian

I submit that Pentax needs a Micro-APS system with advanced EVF, ASAP. The Micro 4/3 cams have stunning EVFs that are winning over a few DSLR users already. Why not leapfrog over that and develop a Samsung OLED or other advanced tech super-high-resolution EFV for a killer compact, thin, and lightweight APS system? Adaptors could allow use of our "legacy" lenses...
01-15-2009, 09:09 AM   #192
Veteran Member

another wish list: add the inverse of center weight metering for folks who use a split-focus screen for manual focusing. When they use this type of screen, the middle darker part where the split focus ring is throws off matrix and center weighted metering.
Alternatively, a way to do a +1ev to just the enter part of the matrix metering as a menu option would be a great way to fix this instead of ignoring the lighting from the center.
01-19-2009, 03:50 PM   #193
Veteran Member

Dear Pentax: Please give us battery grips with wireless radio controllers and flashes with radio recievers in them! And please make them weather-proofed
01-21-2009, 09:34 AM   #194
Forum Member

I haven't read the thread so hang me if it's allready out there.

I've been thinking how great it would be if you could get a Live view of the exposure during bulb function. You can set up for a night scene and just hold down the trigger until you have captured all the stuff you want.
01-24-2009, 12:13 PM   #195
Veteran Member

Re: Hard drive in grip idea

Now that the new SDHX format has been announced (SDXC expands SD into Terabyte territory: Digital Photography Review) I guess that will likely make the idea totally moot. (I guess flash drive would still have been better than hard drive). It's anybody's guess though as to whether SDHX would be implemented in an slr (maybe likely in a very high MP model), and how soon? I doubt we'll see this in any Pentax in the near future. The K30D has been on the drawing boards for some time anyway. Maybe later?

Jeez, now that I think of it, SDHX just might be useable in some way as a hard drive in a computer... think of the savings in size and weight- and 2TB!
An amazing portable pocket computer and tiny desktop could be possible? We'll see if anyone gets really innovative.