Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-27-2009, 03:23 PM   #196

Dear Pentax,

just some ideas, not sure if posted before:
- Provide Hyperfocal distance on 'Info' screen for focal lenght and aperture that are currently set.
- Offer an optional split focus screen with AF indicators (diamond shaped marks) engraved, if technically feasible.
- Faster AF, and/or allow to switch off AF double checking.
- Make P-TTL usable with manual lenses.
- Configurable Histogramm: RAW and JPEF color depth choosable. Seems like the histogramm shows over- and underexposed areas for 8bit at the moment even when shooting RAW, allthough in a PEF file, all areas may be correctly exposed.
- 'Favourites' or 'Recent' for most used focal SR focal lenght for manual lenses. Instead of scrolling through all focal lenghts whem changing from a 28mm to a 200mm lens, let us choose them directly from just a few entries (the ones the individual user needs), maybe in an additional line on the display above the full range.

Thanks for reading, dear Pentax

01-29-2009, 08:40 AM   #197
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Allow camera to meter up to 2min instead of the current 30sec limit.
Also, in Bulb mode, optionally display the time elapsed on the rear or top display...

AF-ON configuration should be configurable for AF-S and AF-C, in case someone wants to use the AF-ON button only in AF-C but not in AF-S. AF-C should also have a "focus lock priority" instead of just being "release priority", so it acts like trap focus does with manual focus lenses...

Looks like JPEG-XR is also going to be ratified this year so it'd be nice if that were supported as well, though I'm not sure what kind of space savings there would be compared to compressed RAW:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13580_3-10152810-39.html

Last edited by kenyee; 01-29-2009 at 04:58 PM.
02-05-2009, 09:16 AM   #198
Veteran Member

Another quick firmware mod:
- allow users to swap functionality for the ev comp (+-) button and AF button. Everyone has different length thumbs and some people find the AF button's position to be uncomfortable...
02-07-2009, 04:12 PM   #199
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
A* and FA* lenses back on shelf

I just want to second what others have already said: take up production of the A* and FA* lenses. No development cost, just start making them!
In dear need:
A* 200 mm Macro.
A*/FA* 300 mm f2.8
A* 600 mm f5.6 (half the weight, same sharpness at f5.6 as the FA* 600 mm f4)

And the Bellows A and ring flash to go with that...

For future: a stripped down, pro quality body. No "programme modes", no pop up flash, no bells and whistles. A digital LX for snow, mud, desert sand, rain forest and Capa. I'd buy it. I still haven't even tried all the modes and settings on my K20D, but it has so far fulfilled all my needs anyway. Except that I had to send my first copy back for replacement, poor QC...

And Pentax, please, whatever you do, never, never, never abandon pentaprism for cheaper solutions on high end bodies... Will forever remember the dissappointment when I for the first time looked through my pro friends Nikon DSLR and saw the light at the end of the tunnel...

Kjell

Last edited by bilybianca; 02-07-2009 at 04:17 PM.
02-10-2009, 06:49 AM   #200
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Noisychip Quote
Dear Pentax,

just some ideas, not sure if posted before:
- Provide Hyperfocal distance on 'Info' screen for focal lenght and aperture that are currently set.
And made it possible to lock the distance on lens so it stays locked on hyperfokal then you shot frame after frame. Can be made with AF-motor locked.
02-17-2009, 02:41 PM   #201

Photos: Gallery | Albums
bigger 4-way controller and ok button

Dear Pentax,

as an outdoor brand, please think of us users that sometimes have to use gloves while operating the camera. All is fine on my K10D and K20D except the OK button in the middle of the 4-way controller. I always hit the controller instead of the OK button! Maybe just have the OK button stick out a bit further ...

Apart from that just the usual:
viewfinder: bigger, brighter, more coverage, easier to manual focus, etc.
SDM: please make it faster next generation (very dissatisfying on my 50-135)

Cheers,
Torge
02-18-2009, 03:07 PM   #202
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bilybianca Quote
I just want to second what others have already said: take up production of the A* and FA* lenses. No development cost, just start making them!
In dear need:
A* 200 mm Macro.
A*/FA* 300 mm f2.8

For future: a stripped down, pro quality body. No "programme modes", no pop up flash, no bells and whistles. A digital LX for snow, mud, desert sand, rain forest and Capa. I'd buy it. I still haven't even tried all the modes and settings on my K20D, but it has so far fulfilled all my needs anyway. Except that I had to send my first copy back for replacement, poor QC...

And Pentax, please, whatever you do, never, never, never abandon pentaprism for cheaper solutions on high end bodies... Will forever remember the dissappointment when I for the first time looked through my pro friends Nikon DSLR and saw the light at the end of the tunnel...

Kjell
yes please!!

02-18-2009, 03:31 PM   #203
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bilybianca Quote
In dear need:
A* 200 mm Macro.
A*/FA* 300 mm f2.8

Kjell
They just released a ring flash that is available at Adorama and maybe BH. AF160FC is its name.
02-18-2009, 04:35 PM   #204
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kenyee Quote
Another quick firmware mod:
- allow users to swap functionality for the ev comp (+-) button and AF button. Everyone has different length thumbs and some people find the AF button's position to be uncomfortable...
Hell yeah!
02-20-2009, 07:08 AM   #205
Veteran Member

Press-stop

Pentax, before You set K30D in production , can we have a interchangeable sensor so we can put in a 6 or 10Mp black and White CMOS sensor in the K30D.

Make a option of a K30D B/W kit for a extra 300$, with included tool to change it.

And donīt forget Video, as good as or better than Canon and made a fast video as in Casio, soundrecording (have it in my old Optio S5i, so way donīt in K-series?), focusbracketing - good in close-up with f1,4 (with sensor-shift ?).

This is wrong >a option for SR in panorama shooting (SR only in vertical plane and maybe also in horizontal plane).<
I now now that SR is OK in pan shots of moving subjects. ...

Last edited by Bophoto; 02-23-2009 at 07:27 AM.
02-20-2009, 07:13 AM   #206
Veteran Member

Pentax, backlit buttons would be fantastic for an outdoor-oriented camera
02-23-2009, 01:39 PM   #207
Veteran Member

1) Lower extended ISO settings like 64, 50 and 25 so I don't have to use neutral density filters in bright sun.

2) Sensor gradient setting where the top or side of the sensor could be set to a lower sensitivity than the rest of the sensor. (ie. an electronic gradient filter) No more blown out sky or underexposed foreground. It would be really cool if the lower ISO area could be resized and moved around over the hot spots in the viewfinder.

3) Included usable photo browsing, noise reduction and raw conversion software instead of the current throw away token disk. How about HDR conversion software? Probably would not be a priority for pros but the enthusiast market might get excited about the added value of truely usable software.

4) Ongoing firmware upgrades for discontinued top tier bodies. I would pay a reasonable fee ($20-$30 per release, maybe as much as $50 for really good stuff) to see the K10D and K20D, etc. firmware continue to be upgraded and refined as new developments emerge.
02-23-2009, 02:16 PM   #208
Veteran Member

When in tethered mode, show the last image shot on the back LCD with the histogram. E.g., keep a copy of the last image shot while tethered instead of autodeleting anything on the card and let us use the rear LCD while tethered in Auto Save mode. While the image is being downloaded, we can chimp the histograms to make sure highlights aren't blown...

Also, optionally add WUSB (wireless USB for 30' range) to the battery grip because it's faster than 802.11n. All the WUSB adapters I've found require AC power so this isn't possible w/ 3rd party adapters yet...
02-23-2009, 02:54 PM   #209
m8o
Veteran Member

+200 letters and not one from me?...

Dear Pentax,

Why can't I override the focal length used for EXIF and image-stabilization? I can only enter the focal length for my non AF lenses.

a) When I put a 2x TC on my AF lens, I only need 1/2 as much motion from the sensor stabilization. My photos may actually be getting blurrier rather then sharper due to excessive sensor motion from stabilization.

b) I'd like my images to get marked in EXIF with the actual lens focal length used. I often shoot with a 300mm f/2.8. Often within the same outing, I will put a 1.4x or 2x TC on the lens. I'd like my photos to be marked in EXIF with 420mm and 600mm each of those respective instances instead of 300mm in all instances.

Thank you.
02-24-2009, 08:16 AM   #210
ogl
Banned

Olympus can offer better AF, better stabilization, better AF adjustment, fast contrast AF in LV.
Smaller body. New E620 is not bad camera.

Pentax, pay attention!