Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-08-2007, 03:34 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
1. Would like an insert designed to take aa batts in grip
Oh yes, forgot about that one. Wouldnt mind having both normal batteries in the grip either, would make it easier to get both out to charge them.

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
7. live view

If they do what I think they might (live view in viewfinder and on back lcd), you will have a perfectly quiet camera option with SDM lenses.
I will never buy a DSLR with an EVF. Well, if it had one then it wouldnt be an SLR would it? Have you used a camera with an EVF? They are horrible and nasty things to look through and every time i do, im always thankful for the normal viewfinder in my SLR.

Live view on the rear LCD? Thats basically going to happen whether i like it or not, so there isnt any point fighting it. But live view in the viewfinder? yuck

12-08-2007, 03:40 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Guess I'm confused - I thought that what I see in the viewfinder is "live"
12-08-2007, 03:42 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ChipB Quote
Guess I'm confused - I thought that what I see in the viewfinder is "live"
I thought you meant having a little LCD in the viewfinder like on the rear of the camera, which would be an electronic viewfinder.

Looks like i was the one a tad confused
12-08-2007, 09:27 PM   #19

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Just thought of something.

Make the LCD touch sensitive.

It would make AF point selection and segment selection for metering so much more organic.

Leave the wheel though, some would still like to use it.

And a great feature I saw on the D3: a microphone!
It allows you to make notes on shots as you make them! Insane!
That would go on the prolevel body.

Last edited by anomaly; 12-08-2007 at 09:38 PM.
12-10-2007, 11:26 AM   #20
Veteran Member

suprised no one has mentioned this, yet..

low power/IR wireless trigger, to allow for more range when using wireless flash modes, that doesn't cost as much as a 36..
12-10-2007, 12:01 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dear Santa...Sorry; Pentax.

I´ve been a good boy and I want a digital back for my MX for christmas.
12-10-2007, 03:18 PM   #22
Veteran Member

#2 gets my vote but...

QuoteOriginally posted by WMBP Quote
Andrew's is one of the best lists I've seen.

I especially like #2 (DA* 135-400 f/4 -- if they release it, I'll buy one so long as it's not too much more expensive than my DA* 50-135 f/2.8).

Will
How does $2500-3500 sound?

It's probably what this 2.0-2.5kg zoom would cost at the very least.

Based on the assumption that 400f4 is roughly equivalent in bulk (and price) to 300f2.8 (look for Tamron 400mmf4 and compare it to any 300 f2.8 to get an idea).
12-10-2007, 09:56 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lol101 Quote
How does $2500-3500 sound?

It's probably what this 2.0-2.5kg zoom would cost at the very least.

Based on the assumption that 400f4 is roughly equivalent in bulk (and price) to 300f2.8 (look for Tamron 400mmf4 and compare it to any 300 f2.8 to get an idea).
$2500-3500 would be worth the money with SDM, weather sealing and a constant f/4.0 all the way through so long as it maintained the same colour/contrast of the other 2 DA*'s and was sharp enough for excellent detail in feathers/fur. I'd hold off on a new body for a lens like that!

04-11-2008, 01:58 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by anomaly Quote
- Backup hard drive. Think about that! You would be able to go on vacation and be backing up all of your RAW files on a 120gig hard drive in the grip.
- Focus assist laser. This might be alittle tricky though.[/i]
I have an external drive unit for this which I think is best as many people use more than one camera soit wuld be more universal, if you upgrade the external unit is still usable
04-11-2008, 03:13 PM   #25

FPS / JPG / Max Frames flex

I'm not asking for much.......I like the high FPS in the K20D - just would like the flex to use the buffer to the max by allowing the user to set the JPG size combined with a high FPS and accept whatever the tradeoff is in max number of shots or why not give the flex of setting the FPS too with associated tradeoffs. To me - not a hardware limitation just a software/firmware change in the K20D - once the buffer size and max write speed are given.........Sticking with the K100D for the time being. Of course - the same comment could be made for K100D/K10D too. Ken.
04-11-2008, 04:02 PM   #26
Veteran Member

A MF focusing mode for live view that gives you 100% zoom on the LCD over the selected af point. (Make it work like the select AF point mode, but pop up the AF points when you hit the keypad and show you which on you're selecting.) That way you can do detailed focus and pop around the entire frame easy.
04-11-2008, 05:18 PM   #27

Some more suggestions:

- Self-adjusting AF: Set a flocal length, auto focus on a suitable contrasty subject. Then in some way notify the camera that focus was missed and focus manually. Save the correction to camera's ROM after repeating 3 times. Keep the correction data per the lens, focal length, and eventually aperture setting.
- Make the AF button not just deactivate AF, but decouple the AF drive, so MF is possible even with lenses without Quick Shift by a single push of the AF button.
04-11-2008, 05:19 PM   #28
Veteran Member

My wishes are all totally possible, based on improving the best we have today, the K20D:
  1. film-body quality focus screen
  2. brighter viewfinder
  3. ability to set RAW size so you do not always need to shoot at maximum file size
  4. electronic shutter that is totally silent
  5. AA battery usage -- not proprietary
  6. faster buffer
  7. better AF
  8. mappable soft buttons so RAW button (for example) could have some other function
  9. fast flash sync speeds
  10. built-in radio flash control
  11. ability to explicitly turn hotshoe/radio flash on/off
  12. microphone for annotating photos (as mentioned above)
  13. built-in GPS that logs where shot is taken (!)
04-11-2008, 05:20 PM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Noisychip Quote
- Make the AF button not just deactivate AF, but decouple the AF drive, so MF is possible even with lenses without Quick Shift by a single push of the AF button.
If you mean the AF/MF switch, this is exactly how it works now, no?
04-11-2008, 05:37 PM   #30

QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
If you mean the AF/MF switch, this is exactly how it works now, no?
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but if I press the AF button (on the back, not the AF/AF-C/MF switch), all the K10 does is not to wait until focus has locked before releasing the shot.

My Sigma lens' AF drive still stays coupled, meaning I can not focus manually as it's not HSM. Of course, if I switch from AF-S to MF, I can. It would be cool to just decouple AF for only one shot, say for when the AF keeps hunting.