Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 102 Likes Search this Thread
10-19-2009, 04:34 AM   #391
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
K-x's sensor is the worst colours I ever saw in Pentax cameras.
If you didn't find *something* wrong with it, I wouldn't know it was good

10-19-2009, 06:02 AM   #392

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Dear Pentax,

Thanks for the K-7. It's the best DSLR I've owned so far and it's such a pleasure to use!!

As I do a lot of long exposure shots, a really nice feature would be to see in the LCD screen how many seconds you are exposing in bulb mode. Just display seconds in a big number, like other brands do. Yay!
10-22-2009, 06:18 AM   #393
ogl
Banned

I want camera with weak AA filter like K200D/K10D.
10-22-2009, 06:35 PM   #394
Veteran Member

2 ideas

1 - a "streetshooter" mode that something akin to a DOF priority mode. You select the desired focus range, i.e., 3'-15', 10' - infinity, etc... and it sets the appropriate aperture and focus. You can also select the desired shutter speed and it sets the appropriate ISO. It also lets you know when you are out of range, i.e., you can't shoot at 1/250 with the focus range that you want, so that you can juggle parameters accordingly.

You used to be able to do this with the focus and aperture marks on the lens, but newer lenses don't have the marks and controls needed

2 - better yet, open up the camera to third-party apps. let people develop and download apps like the one above, and others ones for time lapse photography, macro, etc... It could work like CHDK for Canon, put the app on the memory card and the camera looks for available apps when it is turned on.

10-22-2009, 07:45 PM   #395
Forum Member

i wan a ff
10-26-2009, 09:55 AM   #396
ogl
Banned

I want FF and DFA*28/2 with AF (remake of old K28/2) and SDM.
10-26-2009, 10:33 AM   #397
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Dear Pentax,

Could you please create a situation this is not toxic to the mom & pop camera store, so there will be some chance of actually testing your products in person? I live in a densely populated area of southern California, and there is not a single proper camera store within 50 miles of me that carries your product.

11-17-2009, 03:01 PM   #398

QuoteOriginally posted by wolfier Quote

The K10D is too large. (yes, by this measure, the D300 or a 7D is FAR too large). If I were to get a SLR body as large as a K10d today, it'll be a FF body - it's totally pointless to get a cropped frame camera almost the same size as an FF (in the case of 7D, larger). I love my cropped frame camera *because* they're small.

Pros seemed to had produced great pictures using Contax G, Leica M, Olympus OM, Pentax LX without much size problem - each of these cams is smaller than a K100D.

Every time you want a camera to be bigger, ask what that extra size and weight is going to give you. It's reasonable for a 645 or a 67 body to be large. 35mm, barely, if it has to cram in a lot of electronics as well. APS-C? Hardly.

Except for the 12MP, CF card, and size.
Ok i asked about the size becouse i dont know if in a body of the k7 there will be place for duble prime II. Besides i own a k10 and pretty much like it. Anyway the thing that i dream about is a totally waterproof camera with fixed focal lens ( something like sigma DP2). Those features are just for the camera to be more alike today standards.

I just thought about new function so..

Dear pentax

I would like to see a function that will allow to save all chosen options in one camera and aplly them to another. I mean that i have configured my e-dials, raw button, aperture ring setting, and so on. I'd like to install those options ( of course if posible ) on the next camera and beacouse of that not to spend couple o hours to make it function the way i like.
11-17-2009, 08:53 PM   #399

Better sensor

Please Pentax, please...

I only want one thing. Give us a 6 or 8MP sensor that handles noise twice or three times as well as the K7. It's possible, and many ppl would want this. The vast majority of my files get downsized to something around 1 or 2 MP for monitor viewing anyways... I sometimes print, but rarely. Even at that, my K10d (at 10MP) has enough pixels for razor sharp 11 x 14s. You can put it in the K7N (much the same concept at the D3s and D300s). That's all I want.

If you do that, the K7 would be the world's best all-around DSLR, hands-down- very compact, rugged, weather-sealed, quiet, fast-enough, priced very competitively. Coupled with the DA limiteds, oh what a beautiful thing!
11-17-2009, 09:07 PM   #400
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by WideOpen Quote
Give us a 6 or 8MP sensor that handles noise twice or three times as well as the K7.
Please, people, please, stop falling for the fallacy that fewer MPs on the sensor make for better noise handling.

WideOpen, why don't you downscale your K-7 images to 6MP? You'll see how well this works for your noise. You've got your dream camera already.
11-18-2009, 11:31 AM   #401

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Please, people, please, stop falling for the fallacy that fewer MPs on the sensor make for better noise handling.

WideOpen, why don't you downscale your K-7 images to 6MP? You'll see how well this works for your noise. You've got your dream camera already.
It's not a necessary result, but when each photosite has more room (which it would when going from 15MP to 8MP on the same APS-C sized area), it should be easier to improve sensitivity and reduce noise. I don't think this is a fallacy.
11-18-2009, 02:15 PM   #402
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by WideOpen Quote
It's not a necessary result, but when each photosite has more room (which it would when going from 15MP to 8MP on the same APS-C sized area), it should be easier to improve sensitivity and reduce noise. I don't think this is a fallacy.
It is. Noise is independent from pixel pitch. Four times as many pixels means that each pixel is only fourth of the size, but you've got four of them to match one original, making up for the loss in size. If you "bin" these four pixels together, you'll get your original one big pixel performance back. If you don't bin them but let them blur naturally by printing to the same size as you would have printed the lower MP image, you'll get the binning effect and a finer noise structure.

You are right about "pixel noise" but the important parameter is "image noise".

If you don't believe me, please check out the article Contrary to conventional wisdom, higher resolution actually compensates for noise.
11-19-2009, 08:45 AM   #403

It is. Noise is independent from pixel pitch. Four times as many pixels means that each pixel is only fourth of the size, but you've got four of them to match one original, making up for the loss in size. If you "bin" these four pixels together, you'll get your original one big pixel performance back. If you don't bin them but let them blur naturally by printing to the same size as you would have printed the lower MP image, you'll get the binning effect and a finer noise structure.

If you don't believe me, please check out the article Contrary to conventional wisdom, higher resolution actually compensates for noise.
Thanks! I'll take a look, and hope you're right. My thinking was that the space between pixels would grow if more photosites...
11-19-2009, 09:05 AM   #404

Ok. I read it, and still think that the space between pixels is going to result in an overall reduction in sensitivity.

Why, for example, do the Nikon high-sensitivity models have lower resolution?
11-19-2009, 10:28 AM   #405
Inactive Account

Interesting and logical Class A. What about dynamic range? Does it "scale" similarly as noise or is the theory different - bigger pixels = better DR?
(yes I'm aware that the K-7 has a dynamic range boost mode but it's noisier than regular mode)