Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-21-2008, 06:07 AM   #46

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Matjazz Quote
Dear Pentax,
Make us a cartridge in shape of D-LI50 battery that takes CR2 batteries (Nikon has it)
Put a pentaprism in K300D in other words make camera that takes AAs and has pentaprism (like DS).
Don't be greedy and add support for teleconverters in SR cameras (dial in TC factor)
Same here.. Always use pentaprism..

04-21-2008, 07:06 AM   #47
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

QuoteOriginally posted by Thomas Quote
1. Return to TTL flash.
2. 645D
3. 645D

Welcome aboard Thomas. You are so correct about the TTL Flash. I'll never sell my *istD for that very reason.

645 would be nice but I bet a very pricey kit and only suitable to a small segment. I'd love to have the option but probably out of my budget. Then all new lenses...
04-21-2008, 03:15 PM   #48
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
Welcome aboard Thomas. You are so correct about the TTL Flash. I'll never sell my *istD for that very reason.

645 would be nice but I bet a very pricey kit and only suitable to a small segment. I'd love to have the option but probably out of my budget. Then all new lenses...
Thanks for the welcome Peter. I used my now outdated 500FTZ on my 645N for some macro shots yesterday. TTL works so well for those kinds of applications. As for the 645D, yes it would be expensive, but for those of us with a stockpile of 645 and 67 lenses it would be the least expensive route to MF digital. I think it will still appear when Pentax gets its act together and large sensor prices come down. If the 645D can be offered at the price of a Canon MkIII, anyone involed in studio or landscape applications will be very interested.
04-23-2008, 12:08 PM   #49
Veteran Member

1. Weather sealed flashes

2. built-in radio triggers in the flash AND cams
(if pentax does this, the system would be so versatile its not even funny. pentax would take some of the market from Pocket Wizards AND from other camera systems) can you picture a tough, weather sealed flash with a built in radio?

3. built in grip with a second AF button within reach of the thumb. that is the only reason i dont have a grip for my k10d

4. larger photosites and not too much pixels on a FF

5. lower iso like 25 and 50 like someone said

6.voice annotation would be cool and very useful for PJ work

7. Built in harddrive would be cool, but can they make it durable enough for ME?

8. Face recognition? (wedding candids)

9. K1D/K1D* a la canon 1D/1Ds

10. 67D (i know, too expensive...)

11. 645D

12. 645D

04-23-2008, 12:15 PM   #50
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Something that I would really, really like to have: ability to write to two different SD cards. I'd prefer to have the option of either (a) writing to one of them at a time, or (b) writing to both simultaneously. But if (a) is too difficult, then (b) will do.

My biggest fear these days is losing photos. Nothing can eliminate that fear completely, but getting photos written immediately to two different cards would make a MAJOR difference for me. I'd be tempted to buy a new k21D if it were identical to the K20D but had this one new feature.

Will
04-23-2008, 09:18 PM   #51
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by WMBP Quote
Something that I would really, really like to have: ability to write to two different SD cards. I'd prefer to have the option of either (a) writing to one of them at a time, or (b) writing to both simultaneously. But if (a) is too difficult, then (b) will do.

My biggest fear these days is losing photos. Nothing can eliminate that fear completely, but getting photos written immediately to two different cards would make a MAJOR difference for me. I'd be tempted to buy a new k21D if it were identical to the K20D but had this one new feature.

Will
I just love the speculation in this thread. You all really have great thoughts, but not a clue yet. They have went beyond expectations.

Yes I have it in hand. DON'T ASK I WONT TELL until told to do so.
04-23-2008, 10:26 PM   #52
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WendyB Quote
I just love the speculation in this thread. You all really have great thoughts, but not a clue yet. They have went beyond expectations.

Argh! I just hope it will in a reasonable price class .
04-24-2008, 07:36 AM   #53
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by WendyB Quote

This is a wish-list as opposed to an actual speculation thread.....and if Pentax has incorporated any of the suggestions in this thread....excellent. If not, it's still a great list of ideas.

I won't hold my breath for anything until there's an official announcement about something though. Least of all a new washer or dryer

04-24-2008, 08:32 AM   #54
Veteran Member

Remember that not all Pentax users shoot landscapes and flowers... Pentax will need to better cater to action/sports shooting to keep my interest long-term.
04-24-2008, 04:20 PM   #55
Inactive Account

Sorry for being so late to the thread but I would like to see Pentax come up with something for us street shooters. We've got that lovely range of pancake primes, now we need a small, light body to hang them on.

The only thing keeping me from jumping on the Olympus E-420 with the 25 1.4 is the lack of a prime lens in a 24 or 28 equivalent.

Gerry
04-24-2008, 05:06 PM   #56
Veteran Member

How about a finely tuned Ad Campaign that reminds those not in the know, that "Pentax" was a Pedigree and was used by some of the most accomplished pro photographers in the world...

Ben
04-24-2008, 06:11 PM   #57
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Ben, That would imply that Pentax has anyone in the marketing department with a clue. We have a better chance of getting every item on this list before Pentax marketing creates a good promo campaign.
04-24-2008, 07:36 PM   #58
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
How about a finely tuned Ad Campaign that reminds those not in the know, that "Pentax" was a Pedigree and was used by some of the most accomplished pro photographers in the world...
Well, according to Ned Bunnell's blog, they've got a new ad agency, so it'll be interesting to see where they go. I agree that it sure does make sense to hype the serious legacy of the Pentax name rather than the somewhat odd series of "it's great for sports photography!" ads they've run recently.
04-27-2008, 10:03 AM   #59
Forum Member

1. Vertical ISO dial

2. Bring back the FA* lenses, with an extra FF wide-angle f2.8 zoom (17-35 or 14-24)

3. Programmable 'Program' setting, where we can specify minimum shutter speed and preferred aperture.

4. Full Frame sensor + pro mag body

5. ultrasonic focusing on 50/1.4, limiteds, etc..

6. Autofocusing to keep up with the others

7. Colour matrix metering nikon-style.
04-29-2008, 10:17 PM   #60

QuoteOriginally posted by Duncan J Murray Quote
1. Vertical ISO dial

2. Bring back the FA* lenses, with an extra FF wide-angle f2.8 zoom (17-35 or 14-24)

3. Programmable 'Program' setting, where we can specify minimum shutter speed and preferred aperture.

4. Full Frame sensor + pro mag body

5. ultrasonic focusing on 50/1.4, limiteds, etc..

6. Autofocusing to keep up with the others

7. Colour matrix metering nikon-style.
I agree with all the above. In checking out the K20 reviews, the camera seems to be lens limited and does not bode too well compared to others.
A camera, say, a Pz1D, with full frame and 14mp with 14 bit processing would trip my trigger.