Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-03-2012, 02:59 AM   #811
Banned

Photos: Gallery
K-01 wish: OVF to match 40mm lens

Please make a cheap OVF to fit in the hotshoe that matches the angle of the 40mm pancake lens. Give it a little dot in the centre (for AF accuraty) and make it in the menu possible to turn of the backscreen. In this way we can save battery and walk around with the camera as if it is a real EFV camera. All I need for this fantastic new camera.

02-03-2012, 04:04 AM   #812

Underwater housing, at least for the newcomer...
02-03-2012, 05:21 AM   #813
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Dear Pentax, can you please add a 16mm f/1,4 to the lens roadmap? I can't stand those Nikon D3s guys with 24mm f/1,4 bragging when i take aurora northern lights pictures. Or even better a 15mm f/1,3
02-04-2012, 01:24 AM   #814
Pentaxian

Dear Pentax,

love your courage with the K-01 design, but it isn't working for many (the snorkel is hideous) and, worse, its ergonomics are not up to your standard. The exposure compensation button is clearly not in an ergonomically acceptable position.

Please, for your future DSLRs, please stick to your previous, functional designs. The K-5, and even my K100D, are things of beauty next to the K-01 and more importantly are role models in terms of handling.

Great ergonomics has been a attribute of all Pentax DSLRs -- even users of other brands admit that -- so please do not destroy one of your greatest assets by trying to appeal to hipsters.

Please let usability rule over style for your future DSLRs.

Last edited by Class A; 02-04-2012 at 01:34 AM.
02-07-2012, 03:19 PM   #815
Banned

Well good steps are taken at the time!

I would like a fast long zoom lens:

DA*135-270mm/f2.8 [IF] would be great for next year!
02-07-2012, 06:14 PM   #816
Site Supporter

I would like to see a new k-mount mirrorless camera with : 1) K5 sensor, 2) full frame (obtained by moving lens mount closer to sensor rather than increasing size of sensor), 3) electronic view finder, 4) an autofocus extension tube that would allow the use of DA lenses, 5) enhanced firmware that allows setting of screw or SDM focus for each individual lens, 6) weather sealing, and if possible, 7) an electronic rather than mechanical shutter. Full-frame lenses mounted directly on this camera would result in a 1.0 magnification factor compared to 35mm. DA lenses would require the extension tube resulting in a 1.5 magnification factor compared to 35mm. ... similar to current APS-C cameras.
02-09-2012, 07:31 PM   #817
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by 4morse Quote
I would like to see a new k-mount mirrorless camera with : 1) K5 sensor, 2) full frame (obtained by moving lens mount closer to sensor rather than increasing size of sensor),
1) That isn't really full frame;
2) There are many lens designs that require quite a bit of space between the rear lens and the sensor anyway;
3) etc., etc...

QuoteOriginally posted by 4morse Quote
Full-frame lenses mounted directly on this camera would result in a 1.0 magnification factor compared to 35mm. DA lenses would require the extension tube resulting in a 1.5 magnification factor compared to 35mm. ... similar to current APS-C cameras.
Unfortunately the optics don't work out that way.

02-09-2012, 07:37 PM   #818
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Dear Pentax-Ricoh:

Thank you. I am blown away by the sea change in your openness to enthusiasts, releases of exciting new equipment, and your clear support of Pentax by placing the Ricoh camera division under it and your intention to rehire former Pentax lens designers. You have renewed by faith in owning Pentax cameras.

どうもありがとうございました.

-Docrwm
02-09-2012, 07:44 PM   #819
Veteran Member

It's been an awesome month to be a Pentaxian, that's for sure. Can't wait to see the new cameras.
02-09-2012, 11:06 PM   #820
Veteran Member

Dear Pentax.. I am getting tired of waiting for your F"n FF solution.. I've now had to resort to shooting on a better platform to get FF.. FILM! Fired up my Super Program so I can use a 43Ltd the way it was designed! In 6 months time if nothing is around, that D800 sure is looking sweet.
02-10-2012, 01:00 AM   #821
Forum Member

I think pentax-ricoh should listen more to their customer, and give official feedback to pentaxforums or any similar ones. if I were the ceo of pentax-ricoh, I would do that. because, customer's loyalty is a great thing for every company. pentax-ricoh PR division should know about it.
02-10-2012, 09:58 AM   #822
Veteran Member

Dear Pentax,

I can appreciate the enthusiasm for developing more lenses. Why not create a 400mm F/4 with a 1.4x converter designed for that lens?
02-11-2012, 03:33 PM   #823
Veteran Member

Dear Pentax,

First off, I'm still loving the k-7 and now the k-5. I can't say I really want for much more out of my aps-c cameras than what these two offer.

Now, for the k-3 (I'm guessing that's what you'll call it), the only thing I ask is that no matter what you do on the inside, keep the same form-factor as the k-5 and k-7. Maybe put a more robust CPU in it and give us a few extra focus points.

Can we get a 400 f/5.6 which doesn't have the same optical design as the FA* version? (I've asked this before, but hey, I'm still in the market).

Now, on to the other things.

With all the recent talk of FF, I've been thinking of what I'd want out of a FF camera. My needs are a lot more modest than the d800e, although it looks like an amazing camera. So with that in mind, here's what I've come up with:
-If you're doing full frame, gear it towards landscape photographers (because I'm being selfish here)
please keep the OVF.
-recycle the prime-m processor
-add a 24mp sensor (the old sony from the d3x may be long in the tooth, but it's still good)
-drop the fps to 2 or 3/sec.
-keep her fully sealed
-drop video
-dual-sd card slots
-keep the old AF
-price it in the 1500/1800 range (not impossible with old tech making it up)

Since the lenses capable of taking full advantage of a FF sensor are few and far between, I'd ask for the following:
-Re-do the FA limiteds as DFA limited WR's with new coatings/rear elements optimized for a 24x36mm digital sensor
-add a 21mm f/4 DFA limited WR to the mix
-and maybe a 24-70 DFA f/4.0 WR/DFA* kit lens.
-start working on a DFA* 16-30mm f/4 lens

Hopefully do this in the next 18-24 months, if you've got any plans on FF at all.

Enough of that rambling.
Last on my wish-list:
an 11 or 12mm DA f/4.5 limited with a 49mm filter thread and NO lens hood that'll protrude past the end of the lens!!! (ala 15mm/31mm limiteds)
02-11-2012, 04:17 PM   #824

How about "Dorothy"? What I mean? Pentax can be part of an interesting project for weather research. Being that both DSLR and WG series cameras are weather resistant (and even weather proof), has any one in Pentax though of the possibility of mounting a WG series camera (or DSLR - though that will be a tall order) to a device that can deliver it to a tornado or tornado weather system (something wingy, something rocketry, something remote-controlled...ty ) for photography and or filming as part of other scientific instruments within that weather phenomena. Or someone can drive a radio controlled pickup truck into the next "twister" (no need for stunts - or actors). At any rate, newer digital cameras in general (and Pentax ones in particular) may give us the opportunty to explore facets of our world never seeing before.
02-11-2012, 08:46 PM   #825
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by j0n4hpk Quote
How about "Dorothy"? What I mean? Pentax can be part of an interesting project for weather research. Being that both DSLR and WG series cameras are weather resistant (and even weather proof), has any one in Pentax though of the possibility of mounting a WG series camera (or DSLR - though that will be a tall order) to a device that can deliver it to a tornado or tornado weather system (something wingy, something rocketry, something remote-controlled...ty ) for photography and or filming as part of other scientific instruments within that weather phenomena. Or someone can drive a radio controlled pickup truck into the next "twister" (no need for stunts - or actors). At any rate, newer digital cameras in general (and Pentax ones in particular) may give us the opportunty to explore facets of our world never seeing before.
Hard part of that could be tracking it when all is said and done! Who knows where it could be. But I'm sure they could make something strong enough that it should survive.. unfortunately Pentax's strong point is not their size or speed of their buffer.. so I would expect it to take maybe 1 pic per second tops.. at that rate you'd be better off dropping down about 20 Go Pro hero's and hoping to find one when it's over.