Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-25-2012, 03:19 AM   #841
Inactive Account

How long does the RICOH playing with these other.
It would be the time to do the right Pentax, if you can you were flipping through.

03-07-2012, 08:24 AM   #842
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Dear Pentax - video controls for the K5

Dear Pentax,

You heard our cries and put
  • manual video controls and
  • the three mandatory frame rates (24fps 25fps and 30fps)
into the new K-01.

Please can you update the Pentax K5 firmware and give us either of these things? The K5 is an amazing camera, and the video I shoot with it looks superb. But it is less useful than it could be, and harder to work with, because the K5 does not have these two features.

Pretty please Pentax?
03-07-2012, 02:27 PM   #843
Inactive Account

Ideas for full frame sensor camera to set it apart from the others

1) WIFI enabled. This would allow for wireless tethering and x-fer of files. Also, once you have WIFI on the camera it would allow you to bridge features with software and hardware companies building alliances with the likes of Apple (iPad) and Adobe that would position Pentax tightly within a superior work-flow. By enabling the and attracting pros in such a way you'd garner a lot of attention from those that buy off of perception cast from what the pro's use.

2) Shoot Video to editable codec.

3) Pro-grade Audio inputs (digital or analogue)

4) Dual Card slots & continuous record of video

5) The option to shoot (activate) only to a smaller center section of the sensor for when greater depth of field is more important than pixel count. But only as an in camera option.
03-07-2012, 03:01 PM   #844
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sheen Quote
5) The option to shoot (activate) only to a smaller center section of the sensor for when greater depth of field is more important than pixel count. But only as an in camera option.
What's the advantage to this over cropping yourself later? Easier digital zoom?

03-07-2012, 03:23 PM   #845
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Sheen Quote
2) Shoot Video to editable codec.
Yes please, because K-5 is impossible.
03-08-2012, 06:50 AM   #846
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
What's the advantage to this over cropping yourself later? Easier digital zoom?
Cropping afterwards means, you take a scaled down picture/video and take the center to scale it up.
--> it's like digital zoom on cheap p&s cameras.
But cropping during recording means you simply use the pixels in the center - no scaling down, no scaling up. So either higher fps and smaller filesize (stills) or high quality digital zoom during video.
03-08-2012, 03:47 PM   #847

Thanks!

03-08-2012, 08:06 PM   #848
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by _quicksilver_ Quote
Why is that? Isnīt it a better option than the previous owner Hoya?
Ricoh seems to be a better steward for Pentax than Hoya. They talk a good game, anyway. If they don't back up their expansionist talk with a FF dSLR, however, then they're just another chikensh!t maker of excuses that isn't going to make the Pentax brand any more meaningful to today's dSLR market than cheapskate Hoya would have. If Ricoh intends to muscle in for some additional market share, a FF dSLR will be required; anything less will leave Pentax stuck in the role of ever shrinking also-ran that the "bottom feeding" strategy of "APS-C only" has put them in.
03-08-2012, 10:48 PM   #849
Veteran Member

Dear Pentax, a safe assumption would be to say you've got about a month to have some FF news leaking out from very credible sources including some information of improved AF system.. or I'm sure you will be loosing many customers including myself to D700, D800, D3, 5D, 5D Mark II, 5D Mark III purchasers.. as these camera's are about to hit shelves and we only get weak rumors and years of speculation and hope that continually gets crushed.. If you do not plan to make a FF this year, PLEASE sell your lens patents for the FA LTD trio to other manufacturers.. so at least they can be used for their actual designs.

I doubt anyone from Pentax who has a clue or cares reads these forums let alone threads like this anyways.. they would rather troll and gather mass market bland general consensus from such great intellectual gathering centers like Facebook.... ...
03-09-2012, 08:45 AM   #850
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Chex Quote
Dear Pentax, a safe assumption would be to say you've got about a month to have some FF news leaking out from very credible sources including some information of improved AF system.. or I'm sure you will be loosing many customers including myself to D700, D800, D3, 5D, 5D Mark II, 5D Mark III purchasers.. as these camera's are about to hit shelves and we only get weak rumors and years of speculation and hope that continually gets crushed.. If you do not plan to make a FF this year, PLEASE sell your lens patents for the FA LTD trio to other manufacturers.. so at least they can be used for their actual designs.

I doubt anyone from Pentax who has a clue or cares reads these forums let alone threads like this anyways.. they would rather troll and gather mass market bland general consensus from such great intellectual gathering centers like Facebook.... ...
You're going to make me cry.
03-10-2012, 08:00 PM   #851
Veteran Member

Why I'd LOVE to shoot a 31/43/77 on a D800, wouldn't break my heart in the least.. and Nikon can still use old mechanical focus drives... just need the pics aligned etc..
If Pentax wants to keep people from picking up a nice cheap D700 or 5D Mark II for under $2000, they should be putting their cards down on the table and playing.
03-12-2012, 01:48 PM   #852

Suggesting:
1. Optical viewfinder for K-01
2. Dedicated pop-up LCD shade for K-01
3. Full frame (Pro Pentax DSLR) with 24 x 36mm sensor - perhaps 25 MP
4. Very short, Limited zoom for K-01, equal to 24-90mm for 35mm film
03-12-2012, 11:22 PM   #853
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Photodana Quote
1. Optical viewfinder for K-01
Already exists. It's called K-5.
And you get better body ergonomics as well.
03-13-2012, 12:40 AM   #854
Veteran Member

and 14 bit RAW images, and 5 shot bracketing, faster and quieter focusing, faster burst mode with a bigger buffer.. hard to think of why someone wouldn't spend the extra $300 and get a K-5.
03-13-2012, 03:23 AM   #855
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Mixed feelings about a K-Pro FF. I've retired many good FF lenses to collect APS specific optics. Latter are generally lighter & more compact. Rather than FF, I'd like an APS K-STAR with: 24mp; reduced noise and increased resolution at ISO 6400 & 12,500; a tilting, swiveling REMOVABLE screen (one that could be unplugged then connected by a wire). The introduction of a 560mm optic mostly fills the need of nature photographers, but I'd still like to see a compact 400 f5.6 APO (and PLEASE, PLEASE, with a slide forward lens hood instead of those awful reversible bayonet mount things - why aren't all lenses made like the discontinued 135mm f2.8?). There's also a need for a high quality lens wider than the current 14mm - something about 10mm.